Study method (1 Viewer)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Hey, everyone!

I think I have a big problem now. I do not how to study now!!

How to study? The answer I would give is to read the textbook and then solve problems. This method is exactly I used before I came to USA. The reason why I study abroad is that I think the education level of my country is rather low. Students just solve problems. They do not think a lot. To a large extent, this education produces a lot of robots for solving problems.

I come to USA to receive another education. But now, I still spend most of my time solving problems, just like in my country. Why? This is because I would feel uncomfortable if I do a little exercise.

I really do not how to study. I want to know the study method you use. Thank you!

P.S.: I am a graduate now.

Last edited:

fss

Use whatever study method helps you learn the material best. Doing a lot of problems is usually a significant part of studying physics at the undergraduate level.

Use whatever study method helps you learn the material best. Doing a lot of problems is usually a significant part of studying physics at the undergraduate level.
Thanks! But I am a graduate now. Sorry for missing this information

I like to think about topics whenever I have free time (in the shower, on the metro, etc.)

Getting a grasp on what the topics really mean, and getting true insight, is a lot different than simply doing problems. It will also shorten your study time and make your education more meaningful, but that's my opinion.

I like to think about topics whenever I have free time (in the shower, on the metro, etc.)

Getting a grasp on what the topics really mean, and getting true insight, is a lot different than simply doing problems. It will also shorten your study time and make your education more meaningful, but that's my opinion.
Sounds good. You can focus your mind in your spare time. I believe you are somebody.

I believe you are somebody.
FYI, everyone is someone (everybody is somebody).

The Physics Forums Way

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving