1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Study plan for self teaching?

1. Oct 25, 2008 #1
    Does anyone know how I should go about self teaching myself chemistry, physics and math for the goals of the respective high school olympiads for each one? I'm thinking of using Atkins Chemistry, Halliday and Resnick, and Problem Solving Strategies. Any other ideas or advice from people who have performed well on these olympiads before?
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 25, 2008 #2

Gold Member

His Physical chemistry book? The chemistry olympiad definitely doesn't go as far as physical chemistry. It DOES do SOME organic chemistry though - so you probably want an ochem book on that. Carey's Organic Chemistry book has a solutions manual that has answers to all the problems.

For chemistry, Zumdahl chemistry is good. Halliday is often used by other people who study for the physics olympiad. There is a way to get the full instructors solution manual for Halliday - but I probably shouldn't mention how to get it here. :p

Oh and A LOT of people @ http://www.artofproblemsolving.com study for all 3 olympiads.
  4. Oct 25, 2008 #3
    wow that's insane. Do you really think you can do that?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?