Study program and concentration

• Thread starter vanessa99
  • Start date
vanessa99
Hello everyone! So I made a study program and it's 10 hours studying per day. I will have it everyday till May. After 30 min of studying I take a 5 min break and after 2 hours, 15 min break. Is that sound bad?
Plus, till now due to different factors I have studied around 4 hours per day. How can I keep my concentration all the time and not think other stuff?

Answers and Replies

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2022 Award
Hello everyone! So I made a study program and it's 10 hours studying per day. I will have it everyday till May. After 30 min of studying I take a 5 min break and after 2 hours, 15 min break. Is that sound bad?

I'd say it sounds neither good nor bad, but is simply "ideal", and you shouldn't worry if you can't stick to that exact schedule all the time. Just try to be as consistent as possible and modify your schedule if it turns out it doesn't fit you well.

Plus, till now due to different factors I have studied around 4 hours per day. How can I keep my concentration all the time and not think other stuff?

There is no simple answer to this, as everyone is different. Getting enough rest, exercise, and just taking care of yourself in general are perhaps the only things that apply to everyone (I should know. I don't do these things and it's killing me). I'm sure others have more specific suggestions.

pdm
I'd say that if I do some sports (you could do body weight excersies, takes like 15min/day - just check out e.g. https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine ) I get my stuff done way better.

Also I personally would say that eating e.g. nuts and raisins gives your brain energy - at least I don't feel that ****ed up after several hours of learning if I eat it. But everyone's different here.

Also I need enough sleep, without sleep my motivation does not exist at all and I just can't learn anything. Keep yourself motivated by thinking about what you could become or what nice stuff you going to study next year if you pass or whatever.

I'm also doing an MBRS [Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction ] Course at the moment as kind of "compensation" to all the other stuff I do - is probably quit good for concentration too. I'll see, didn't start yet.

But in the end, the most important thing is, that you are studying something you have passion about. Dedication.

Suggested for: Study program and concentration

• Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views