1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Study Tips

1. Feb 20, 2012 #1
    Hello,

I have recently been looking for new ways to try and study, at the momment I tend to read and try to understand what ive read and figure how this is used practically but have decided to try new techniques to see which I like better.

What are your favorites?

p.s Sorry if this is the wrong section

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 20, 2012 #2

chiro

Science Advisor

Hey PhantomPower and welcome to the forums.

The best piece of advice I can give from personal experience is to just do what you have to do: don't over think strategies and all that.

If you are doing specific graded coursework then you should get information about how you will be assessed, what you will be assessed on, and the other important details like where to go for course specific information that is covered as well as other reference books, websites and so on.

If you feel like you don't completely know what to do, ask your lecturer, TA, professor or anyone involved in teaching the course in some aspect.

I gaurantee that once you get in the routine, it will become second nature after a while and it will just be an automatic thing to get whatever information you need to do what you have to do.

The situation you do this in whether its by yourself or with other people doesn't change the above advice: it still is more or less a means to an end.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook