1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying Studying Abroad or not

1. Sep 20, 2011 #1
    I'm currently a 2nd physics major at UC Santa Barbara. I have the option of studying abroad my third year. However, I'm not quite sure if it would be the best idea, since many people have told me that the third year is when most physics undergrads get recommendations and research with the university faculty.

So I'm not sure if it would be the best choice to study abroad or to just stay at UCSB for the full 4 years. Anybody have some advice they could give me?

The universities I'm currently considering going abroad to are Lund University in Sweden, Utrecht University in the Netherlands, and University of Copenhagen in Denmark. If anybody goes to any of those universities, I would appreciate some comments about them (and their physics programs) as well.

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 22, 2011 #2
    I can't comment on research opportunities, but spending some time abroad doing part of one's undergraduate degree looks very good on a resume. Copenhagen is one of the universities I'm considering for my 4th and final year myself. Look at their course catalog and see what courses match your 3rd year courses. At first glance, it looks like they have a great variety of subjects (geophysics, materials, astroph/cosmology, HEP).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook