Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying for long hours

1. Mar 24, 2016 #1
    All of us have different methods for studying.Let me know what kind of method you use and how useful It had been to you.
    I create mind maps to learn subjects that requires memorising.And when I use this method,I can learn the most boring topic continuously for 6 hours.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 24, 2016 #2

Garlic

Gold Member

I usually get panicked and stressed when I have a lot of things to study, so I make simplified overview pages. This also makes it easier you to have a quick look at what you have studied before the exam.

Boring subjects are really hard for me to study. I always get distracted... For such cases it's sometimes good to drink caffeinated drinks.
    Try this tea, I call it "Heavy tea" (similar to the heavy water). It consists *a lot* of green tea (several tablespoons of it) and something else. It tastes horrible.... But really works.

4. Mar 24, 2016 #3
    That's a good Idea too !

5. Mar 24, 2016 #4
    I used to make mind maps too and watch YouTube videos about the topic if they were available. I also made simple illustrations in the notes.
    What used to help me a lot was underlining important passages. I felt that if I physically move my hand under the text it makes me remember better. I always used a pen or pencil. I hate colourful highlighters, they are too distractive.

6. Mar 24, 2016 #5
    If I were to be energized, the last thing I would do is sit patiently in front of a book. I would get up, jump, run, and make scientific experiments (and learn from them instead of learning from reading a book). Anything that requires me to use my body except sit in front of a book. :biggrin:

7. Mar 24, 2016 #6

Garlic

Gold Member

That's... a common side effect of my tea :biggrin:

8. Mar 24, 2016 #7
    You are a kinesthetic learner:smile:

9. Mar 24, 2016 #8
    Really? That's nice, I didn't know it. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted