Studying for long hours

Docscientist
All of us have different methods for studying.Let me know what kind of method you use and how useful It had been to you.
I create mind maps to learn subjects that requires memorising.And when I use this method,I can learn the most boring topic continuously for 6 hours.

Answers and Replies

Garlic
Gold Member
I usually get panicked and stressed when I have a lot of things to study, so I make simplified overview pages. This also makes it easier you to have a quick look at what you have studied before the exam.

Boring subjects are really hard for me to study. I always get distracted... For such cases it's sometimes good to drink caffeinated drinks.
Try this tea, I call it "Heavy tea" (similar to the heavy water). It consists *a lot* of green tea (several tablespoons of it) and something else. It tastes horrible... But really works.

Docscientist
I usually get panicked and stressed when I have a lot of things to study, so I make simplified overview pages.
Boring subjects are really hard for me to study. I always get distracted... For such cases it's sometimes good to drink caffeinated drinks.
That's a good Idea too !

Sophia
I used to make mind maps too and watch YouTube videos about the topic if they were available. I also made simple illustrations in the notes.
What used to help me a lot was underlining important passages. I felt that if I physically move my hand under the text it makes me remember better. I always used a pen or pencil. I hate colourful highlighters, they are too distractive.

Psinter
For such cases it's sometimes good to drink caffeinated drinks.
If I were to be energized, the last thing I would do is sit patiently in front of a book. I would get up, jump, run, and make scientific experiments (and learn from them instead of learning from reading a book). Anything that requires me to use my body except sit in front of a book. :biggrin:

Garlic
Gold Member
If I were to be energized, the last thing I would do is sit patiently in front of a book. I would get up, jump, run, and make scientific experiments (and learn from them instead of learning from reading a book). Anything that requires me to use my body
except sit in front of a book. :biggrin:

That's... a common side effect of my tea :biggrin:

Docscientist
If I were to be energized, the last thing I would do is sit patiently in front of a book. I would get up, jump, run, and make scientific experiments (and learn from them instead of learning from reading a book). Anything that requires me to use my body except sit in front of a book. :biggrin:[/QUOTE/]
You are a kinesthetic learner:smile:

Psinter
You are a kinesthetic learner:smile:
Really? That's nice, I didn't know it. :smile:

Likes Docscientist

Suggested for: Studying for long hours

Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies