1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying for physics exam

1. Jan 8, 2007 #1
    wat do u guys when ur studying for a physics exam.any tips or anyhting helipful would be appreaciated.
    thnx

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 8, 2007 #2
    Understand for me is the Real point of fisics....not only to decorat or anything else...understand the concepts and, using your imagination, "look" what they mean.

More, have 1 pass always in front: when getting formulas, understand they variables, and automaticly know that when x increases, what happens to y to z keeps constant(for example) and understand why "y" increased/decreased (by another physic teory, and understand why z must keep constant (another physic teory)

in my case, for now, it work...

ahh, most important, realise that you are enjoying doing this kind of logical thoughts...:biggrin:

4. Jan 8, 2007 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

5. Jan 8, 2007 #4
    I always read the chapters in my book, and like Littlepig said, I try to really understand them. Try to derive the equations yourself as you read through the concepts.

In my physics class I did less homework than my classmates but I got the higher grades on tests (don't follow my example on that though)--I felt a strong understanding of the concepts was more important than just practicing problems. (Of course, you have to do problems, too :))

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?