Amplitude and Intensity Relationship: Explained and Solved

In summary, the person is seeking help with a physics problem regarding the relationship between amplitude and intensity of a sound wave. They are unsure of the direct relationship and have not been able to find it in their textbook. They are seeking assistance in understanding the problem.
PhysChelle
Stupid Amplitude...HELP!

So I am working on some phys homework and I had a question about this problem:
If the Amplitude of a sound wave is quadrupled, by what factor will the intensity increase?

And I thuoght that the relationship between Intensity and amplitude was that Intensity is proportional to the Square of Amplitude...and i don't know for sure...Can you all help?

Physics news on Phys.org
This looks very much like a question that was in the k-12 section
and I will give the same answer:

You CAN'T do this if you don't know the relationship between amplitude and intensity- I'll bet that's in your textbook: Look it up!

well the whole reason i came here was because i couldn't find a direct relationship in my book about it...I tried figuring different things out but its still not the right answer. So, that's why I am totally lost with this question.

1. What is Stupid Amplitude HELP?

Stupid Amplitude HELP is a popular online platform used for data analytics and visualization. It offers various tools and features for businesses and organizations to track and analyze their website or app's performance.

2. How does Stupid Amplitude HELP work?

Stupid Amplitude HELP uses a tracking code or SDK to collect data from user interactions on a website or app. This data is then processed and displayed in easy-to-understand charts and graphs for analysis.

3. What types of data can be tracked with Stupid Amplitude HELP?

Stupid Amplitude HELP can track various types of data, including user behavior, page views, clicks, conversions, and more. It can also track custom events and attributes specific to a business's needs.

4. Is Stupid Amplitude HELP suitable for all types of businesses?

Yes, Stupid Amplitude HELP can be used by businesses of all sizes and industries. It offers customizable features and pricing options to fit the needs and budget of different businesses.

5. Can Stupid Amplitude HELP be integrated with other tools and platforms?

Yes, Stupid Amplitude HELP offers integrations with various popular tools and platforms such as Google Analytics, Salesforce, and Slack. It also offers an API for custom integrations.