Stupid question about page 70 in a first course in GR

• Thread starter Terilien
  • Start date
Well it all makes sense right now. i haven't been sleeping properly for awhile but it has been clarified. I guess it looked weird from a computational standpoint.

look I'm just having considreable dificulty with this one topic. The other ones were mostly a matter of notation, and the fact that I encountered many new topic I had never heard of.
That's why as an undergrad we are forced to take certain courses before others are taken. In the case of a physicist a person would have to have taken a course such as Mathematical Methods of Physics (or something akin to it) and basic mechanics and EM before they would be allowed to take GR. They don't "recommend" it. They demand it. Fortunately for me I had two majors as an undergrad, Physics and Math, so I was well equipped for the math tossed at me in physics.

And I too would appreciate it if people would not cross-examine Terilien. People tend to disappear of this forum under similar conditions. At best post your unsolicited advice and even better make it a general comment. If you feel the need to interigate him then you are free to do so, in PM!!

Pete