Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Stupidest infomercial ever

1. Jul 15, 2005 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

So what do you think the stupidest infomercial or tv selling show can you think of?

"Natural cures THEY dont want you to know about" surely tops the list for me. Did you guys know theres cures for aids and cancer and herpies? Thats right! You can live the crappiest life and boom, magic, gone.

Most infomercials with the stupid blonde women on them usually crack me up even if there not entirely stupid products. OH MY GOD, are you telling me I dont have to cut my own vegetables and live with the inevitable emergency room visit everytime i want salad?????

What tops YOUR list?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 15, 2005 #2

JamesU

Gold Member

the magic bullet infomercial. with the austra;ian guy and stupid blonde. just really cheese.

I saw one that I thought was cheesier, I can't remember which one it was though

4. Jul 15, 2005 #3
    I agree with the Natural Cures infomercial. However, it's more because of the salesman than the product he's trying to sell. Kevin Trudeau, who is the marketer behind Natural Cures, as well as Coral Calcium and Mega Memory, is a fraud and has been charged by the Federal Trade Commission for fraudulent claims - specifically that his products can cure diseases and cancer.

5. Jul 15, 2005 #4

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

The top of the steaming dung heap has to be Ronco's Spray on Hair. I'll debate that one to my grave.

6. Jul 15, 2005 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

There is a product on the market that so successfully camouflages bald & thinning spots that I had no idea this person was using something. I'd recommend it.

I don't usually watch late night tv, so I miss all the infomercials.

7. Jul 15, 2005 #6
    The old Tom Vu infomercials.

8. Jul 15, 2005 #7
    there's this one about an egg peeler...

and anything from ronco

9. Jul 15, 2005 #8

cronxeh

Gold Member

"are you over 30? do you have excessive body fat around your belly, bla bla, you have a cortisol imbalance!"

i swear if i was younger and dumber id kill that woman from commercial

and the other one is the one that pops up on the science channel and sometimes on the national geographic commercial

[​IMG]

This guy really pisses me off

10. Jul 15, 2005 #9

JamesU

Gold Member

oh, the question mark guy. he pisses everyone off.

anything from ronco is a scam, plus ron is a very bad actor.

11. Jul 15, 2005 #10

Janus

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Surely you are not including the "Pocket Fisherman"!

12. Jul 15, 2005 #11

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Too funny, I was just thinking of that!

You never know when you might need to fish...

13. Jul 15, 2005 #12

JamesU

Gold Member

I've seen ronco's 'mini rottiserie' which to me, looks poorly built. but for an extra $100, you can get one that's about an inch taller!

don't even get me started on the 'pocket fisherman'.

14. Jul 15, 2005 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

But in just 4 hours, you can have a small chicken perfectly roasted on the rotisserie (it reminds me of trying to bake cookies with an EZ Bake Oven)...or put it in the oven and have it done in an hour! :rofl:

15. Jul 15, 2005 #14

JamesU

Gold Member

only 3 added hours!?
    *calls ronco to purchase this amazing deal*

16. Jul 16, 2005 #15

honestrosewater

Gold Member

I forget what it was called- it's this new, amazing exercise machine- the Butt Blaster or some such name. It's a trampoline. A single person trampoline. There are even half a dozen exercise videos for it. A trampoline. Oh, I found it. It's the Urban Rebounding System. (Seriously, it's really just a trampoline.)
    http://www.urbanrebounding.com/
    A training bar for a trampoline. They really thought of everything. Only $119.97! :rofl: :yuck: :confused:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2005
  17. Jul 16, 2005 #16

JamesU

Gold Member

what the ****!?

18. Jul 16, 2005 #17

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Apparently, packaging really is everything. Maybe no one notices that it's just a trampoline? Or maybe some people have never seen a trampoline before? Yeah, I don't know. It says
    I wonder if they really mean that NASA has used trampolines. Hm, or maybe there is something special about "rebounding". Maybe you can't jump on regular trampolines in the right way. Maybe I should get one of those Urban Rebounders. :!!)

19. Jul 16, 2005 #18

JamesU

Gold Member

I saw a japanese infomercial on a machine that was supposed to make you taller. they strapped someone in, started working it, and then they showed the person's ankles and they shortened her pants, giving the effect of her legs growing. pretty stupid?

20. Jul 18, 2005 #19
    I did see a NORMAL trampoline, ie. one thats been available in supermarkets since uh...a long time ago, for equivalent of $20!

Oh BUT WAIT, you don't get the video tapes with that offer. Oh damn :yuck: :rofl: :uhh:

21. Jul 18, 2005 #20
    Also, has anyone seen that ad for the 5-in-1 aero-space bed (or whatever it's called). It cracks me up everytime.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?