Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Stupidest show on television

1. Feb 15, 2010 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I'm bored. What is the stupidest show on television in your opinion?

Oh and anything on MTV doesn't count.

My #1 stupidest show is... hmm wlel, i need to think about this. Inside Edition makes me want to rip my eyes out sometimes...

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 15, 2010 #2

cronxeh

Gold Member

In no particular order: Lost, Desperate Whores, Medium, Days of our Lives, Gossip Girl, The Tyra Banks show, Oprah Show, American Idol, 24, Past Life, Bones, Brothers, Dollhouse, Hells Kitchen, Glee, Wandy Sykes, 90% of all NBC shows, 90% of all ABC shows, etc

4. Feb 15, 2010 #3

Mentallic

Homework Helper

You're forgetting family guy!
    No, I'm kidding of course, but seriously dude you managed to list basically all the shows out there at present.

King of the Hill. omg that show... omg...

5. Feb 15, 2010 #4

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Deal or No Deal. A game show that is so lame it doesn't even bother to have a theme.

6. Feb 15, 2010 #5
    The view. And for sure, Lost.

But Hell's kitchen? Imo that's significantly less stupid than most other shows you listed Cronxeh.

7. Feb 15, 2010 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I love Hell's Kitchen! Math Is Hard and I are anticipating Gordon will have a stroke.

Has anyone seen Maury with Maury Povich? His show makes Jerry Springer look like an intellectual gathering.

8. Feb 15, 2010 #7

DaveC426913

Gold Member

omg, It comes on after a show* I do watch and I can't watch more than 5 seconds of it.

*my guilty secret: I watch court shows. Yes, the people are redneck deadbeats, I don't care about the people, I like the cases.

9. Feb 15, 2010 #8
    You leave Gossip Girl alone!

Monster Quest is the only one at the moment that really makes me angry

10. Feb 15, 2010 #9

drizzle

Gold Member

The bachelor, and alike programs, just plain stupid :yuck:

11. Feb 15, 2010 #10

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Will and Grace.

He's gay, so is the other, she's neurotic and she's a drunk. We get it. Those in themselves are not humour, so either include some jokes or drop the laugh track.

12. Feb 15, 2010 #11
    I haven't ever watched a 'reality' show---they're for the brainless...

I also can't believe how many 'after they're dead' shows are on now

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
  13. Feb 15, 2010 #12

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Haven't watched it in a long time but both Karen and Jack were good for a laugh.

Yeah, they're all the rage.

I am forced to watch Drop Dead Diva, but it is completely lame.

Gee, a fat girl who can't resist junk food. How 21st century...

14. Feb 15, 2010 #13

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Why the heck do you watch all these shows?

15. Feb 15, 2010 #14

DaveC426913

Gold Member

:rofl: I was going to say the same thing!

16. Feb 15, 2010 #15

cronxeh

Gold Member

I dont watch stupid shows.

17. Feb 15, 2010 #16

DaveC426913

Gold Member

At the risk of stating the obvious, you have watched enough of those shows to be able to pass judgment on them.

Of most of the shows you mention, I have seen even less of them than you - so little that I cannot even judge them.

18. Feb 15, 2010 #17

cronxeh

Gold Member

I watched them because I keep my horizons open. Currently I only watch the following shows:

NCIS, Family Guy, Simpsons, Twilight Zone, Burn Notice, Fringe, House, Psych, White Collar, Leverage, and News.

19. Feb 15, 2010 #18
    "Lost" is just an absolute disaster of a show. The first season was really good, but it's unwatchable now.

20. Feb 15, 2010 #19

turbo

Gold Member

I don't know how many shows are stupid, because I can't stand to watch much of anything on network TV and therefor cannot judge their relative stupidness. I watch local and national news, News Hour, Antiques Road Show, and Nova. That's about it.

About the only TV show I watched regularly was Babylon 5.

21. Feb 15, 2010 #20
    Is "Babylon 5" still around? I last saw it several years ago, but then I haven't seen the Sci-Fi channel in a long, long time. I stopped looking when they started carrying a lot of grade B horror flicks (except for B. Gallactica).

KM

22. Feb 15, 2010 #21

Evo

It's the SyFY channel now, apparently their viewer's didn't know what Sci-Fi meant or how to pronounce it.

23. Feb 15, 2010 #22
    Surely, you jest!

KM

24. Feb 15, 2010 #23

Evo

I wish. Well, the part about them changing to SyFy is true, I am just guessing at the reason. I can just see someone asking what the skeefee channel was.

25. Feb 15, 2010 #24

turbo

Gold Member

You can get the whole series on DVD, if you don't have a cable channel that carries it.

26. Feb 15, 2010 #25
    now its the syf channel (for an even shorter name)

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook