What's the Stupidest Show on Television? My Top Pick Will Shock You!

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Television
In summary: I don't even know what they're called now. :(Babylon 5 is still around, but I haven't seen it in a while.
Ronco Knives commercials...

Wait, there's more:

The Oprah Winfrey Show

Hold on, for a limited time only, there's more:

(Jon &) Kate Plus Eight [or any "reality" show]

Folks, if you call today, we'll include:

Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader? [Sometimes, there's stuff on there that <<<1% of all fifth graders, if any, know; other times, all of it looks like the first grade curriculum.]

All that for the very, very low price of $19.95!

Physics news on Phys.org
lisab said:
A few months ago I was a captive audience for this show (I was in a doctor's waiting room and there was no remote available). I was *stunned*, it basically portrays humans behaving straight from their reptilian brains :eek:.

Boy! are you ever a kind hearted, soft spoken, well mannered, classy, even aristocratic, young lady!
I would have used a much louder means of communication when describing that show. Something along the lines of attempting to entirely annihilate it. And then just because I don't watch it, does not mean that my fellow low-lives don't. I have neighbors like that. Yep, lots of them. And no I do not live in a trailer. I live in a snazy, high security, high rise in Manhattan. {opens door and screams} :grumpy: "knock off the noise and someone give me a beer and smoke!"

Lacy33 said:
Boy! are you ever a kind hearted, soft spoken, well mannered, classy, even aristocratic, young lady!
I would have used a much louder means of communication when describing that show. Something along the lines of attempting to entirely annihilate it. And then just because I don't watch it, does not mean that my fellow low-lives don't. I have neighbors like that. Yep, lots of them. And no I do not live in a trailer. I live in a snazy, high security, high rise in Manhattan. {opens door and screams} :grumpy: "knock off the noise and someone give me a beer and smoke!"
Lacy, you brighten my day.

Evo said:
Lacy, you brighten my day.

Why Thank You Miss Evo. o:)

Now git a band-aid on that cut before you go steppin in some of my mother in laws cookin and you all git blood poisoning. I know you are nice now but you will be commin at me to sue sure as Carlos is going to be at the door askin for money and I will have to rip off yur brassiere and tie you to the da*m door till you give up such a fool idea.

Lacy33 said:
Not Jerry Springer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCL36ogOFDo

I never understood the purpose of this show and if those are real people ..

:rofl:

rootX said:

Just had this vision.. :rofl: Michael Jackson dancing and posing himself onto the stage of Jerry Springer singing "Beat It" and putting put out his arms to separate the raging people when he gets trampled and his people rush into drag him off in pieces ...Again! :tongue2:

rootX said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCL36ogOFDo

LOL. What the heck is a Domino whore? :rofl:

Borg said:
LOL. What the heck is a Domino whore? :rofl:
[strike]Domino[/strike] Pizza whore. Domino's pizza.

my_wan said:

Would that be Round & Cheesy? :yuck:

my_wan said:
Yeah, I got that. Just funny hearing it.
Lacy33 said:
Would that be Round & Cheesy? :yuck:
Looks like he got a two for one special. I would get a refund. :tongue2:

Borg said:
Yeah, I got that. Just funny hearing it.

Looks like he got a two for one special. I would get a refund. :tongue2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bekQU9l8hk

A show that was advertised online the other day:

"Celebrity Ghost Stories"...celebrities tell their experiences with ghosts...:yuck::rofl:...wow I can't wait to miss that one!

lisab said:
A show that was advertised online the other day:

"Celebrity Ghost Stories"...celebrities tell their experiences with ghosts...:yuck::rofl:...wow I can't wait to miss that one!

Hosted by Shirley MacLaine? Is she still here or did she get picked up in a spaceship?

I'm going to to have to go with: "Man vs. Food;" although I confess, I can't look away either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqIWPvCgi9g

That poor guy is going to die of a heart attack if he keeps this up. Knowing American television though, when he does finally croak: they'll probably repackage the show as "Man vs. Time & Death" or "Man vs. Artery."

Maybe instead they'll just go with "Countdown...to heart disease."

Also...

Man vs. Food leaves no reason to wonder why the rest of the world hates America.

I think the only thing more offensive to a starving person in the third world, might be if one of these guys on the Food Network had a show about bulimia.

FrancisZ said:
Also...

Man vs. Food leaves no reason to wonder why the rest of the world hates America.

I think the only thing more offensive to a starving person in the third world, might be if one of these guys on the Food Network had a show about bulimia.

Why does everyone hate my country, or any country for that matter? All gov't are aholes. All of the other 98% of the world should work something out instead of falling into their gov't trap of statism.

We shouldn't be proud of our gov't bombing each other, we should get together with all classes around the world and have a true revolution where the rich overthrow the filthy rich all over the whole world at once.

We should seriously consider consulting the French. They have three hour grazing lunch breaks.

I love Man Vs Food, he's so funny. He has a masters from Yale, and is not a competitive eater.

I honestly like it too--it makes me feel like I'm actually on vacation enjoying the local cuisine. But I can't help but worry about that guy. Imagine you had a job getting paid to eat all over the country. Sounds pretty sweet, but he isn't exactly eating broccoli (which I also hate...nods to Bush the elder).

I sometimes watch that show with Mark Summers about candy and such. I keep thinking the whole time: "Double Dare, Double Dare...yessssss, take the physical challenge Mark! BOOHOOHAHAHAHA!" *rubs palms together*

Did he really have OCD? That show must have drove him crazy.

FrancisZ said:
I honestly like it too--it makes me feel like I'm actually on vacation enjoying the local cuisine. But I can't help but worry about that guy. Imagine you had a job getting paid to eat all over the country. Sounds pretty sweet, but he isn't exactly eating broccoli (which I also hate...nods to Bush the elder).

I sometimes watch that show with Mark Summers about candy and such. I keep thinking the whole time: "Double Dare, Double Dare...yessssss, take the physical challenge Mark! BOOHOOHAHAHAHA!" *rubs palms together*

Did he really have OCD? That show must have drove him crazy.
Adam Richmond (Man Vs Food) said he exercises and eats healthy when not doing the show. He also gets frequent medical checkups.

Evo said:
Adam Richmond (Man Vs Food) said he exercises and eats healthy when not doing the show. He also gets frequent medical checkups.

That's comforting. Still, I wonder what his insurance is like.