Stupidest Statement by a Presidential Candidate - Ever

• News
  • Thread starter chemisttree
  • Start date
SixNein
Gold Member
SixNein, you are a gentleman and a scholar and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

In particular with your analysis, it seems to be emerging that some of the 47% who collect less social security than they paid in, and may not pay income tax, may in fact not be dependent on government but are in fact subsidizing the government.

this goes toward the falsity of the original statement by Mr. Romney, which relates to its stupidity, if he expected it to be accepted.
The same to you sir.

Again, I think your assessment is correct. In fact, If I'm not mistaken, the CBO graph on page 19 of the link indicates that nearly half of the lowest quartile of earners will pay more then receive. The CBO also stated that

The uncertainty about benefit-to-tax ratios is greatest for workers in the lowest quintile of
lifetime earners. (CBO’s estimates are based on 500 simulations in which most of the key
demographic and economic factors in the analysis vary according to historical patterns.)
However, when the uncertainty range is compared with the median ratio for each quintile
and birth cohort, it is approximately equal for all quintiles.

Last edited:
Alfi
Re: Stupidest Statement by a Presidential Candidate - Ever

"I accept the nomination"

mheslep
Gold Member

:biggrin:

Mentalist

Romney makes windows in the plane even though people tell him, "bad idea".

Romney: "I'm the friggin boss here, SHUT UP!"

Fire breaks

Romney: "QUICK! Open the windows so we can get some oxygen in here!"

Lol

I accept the nomination is a bit silly, but no where near tops "stupidest statement" nor does it get anywhere near the top 10. Bush alone would take up most of the 10, with Romney leading at no.1 and no.2.

The plane comment obviously which I love. And, "I care about the 100% because I believe in God" lol