Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Su Doku

1. Oct 22, 2005 #1
    I've become particulary fond of these, 3x3 boxes with 3x3 boxes in each and you must have 1-9 vertical, horizontal and in each 3x3 box. I'm sure most have seen it before. The link below provides a program for it. I average 12 minutes on hard puzzles.

http://www.sudoku.com/

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 22, 2005 #2
    I haven't played recently. Got my mom hooked on it though.

4. Oct 22, 2005 #3
    I did too but it takes her like an hour to finish one in the news paper... Sad.

5. Oct 22, 2005 #4
    I have been playing it for a while now. I think the newspapers are a bit too easy: Yesterday the paper had a "5 star" (out of 5) puzzle and it took less than 10 minutes. I play at www.websudoku.com

6. Oct 22, 2005 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

All the physics majors i talk to can do these things in like 10 minutes max. This one girl in this class i took... shes all "I love these soduku thingies, it only takes me an hour to finish them sometimes".

I then proceeded to slap her

7. Oct 22, 2005 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

All the physics majors i talk to can do these things in like 10 minutes max. This one girl in this class i took... shes all "I love these soduku thingies, it only takes me an hour to finish them sometimes".

I then proceeded to slap her

8. Oct 23, 2005 #7
    It depends on how much attention I am paying to it and how much I am playing. I have no idea how long the ones in the newspaper would take me. I have only done like 2 from there.

9. Oct 27, 2005 #8

Alkatran

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Our first computer assignement was making a brute-force solver for these (we weren't ALLOWED to make a 'smart' solver, because there were so many around the net)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?