Subject choices for A level - Physics/E.E.

In summary, the individual is interested in Physics and EE and is trying to pick subjects that are closely linked to these fields. They have four lists to choose from, with one subject to be picked from each list. The individual is considering Biology, Maths w/ Further Maths, Chemistry, and Physics, but is open to other suggestions such as Computing and French. They are encouraged to choose based on their interest and passion for the subjects.
rollcast
I might have to change the lists as I'm only recalling them from memory so there may be something I've forgotten.

I'm interested in Physics or EE so I'm wanting to pick subjects which would be closely linked to these topics.

However the only problem is that I can only pick 1 subject from each of the following 4 lists.

LIST 1

Biology
Computing
Economics
English Literature
Physics

LIST 2

Chemistry
Economics
French
Maths w/ Further Maths

LIST 3

Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Technology (Electronics)

LIST 4

English Literature
French
Politics
Physics

I'm thinking on doing Biology, Maths w/ Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics but I was just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions that would work with those lists.

Thanks
A.

Physics news on Phys.org

Hello A,

Thank you for sharing your dilemma with us. It's great to see that you are interested in Physics and EE, as those are fascinating and ever-evolving fields.

Based on your interest, I would suggest picking Physics from List 1, Chemistry from List 2, Maths from List 3, and Technology (Electronics) from List 4. This combination would give you a strong foundation in both Physics and EE, as well as a good understanding of the fundamental principles of chemistry and mathematics.

If you are open to other suggestions, I would also recommend considering Computing from List 1 as it is closely linked to both Physics and EE. Additionally, French from List 2 could also be a valuable asset as it would enhance your communication skills, which are important in any scientific field.

Ultimately, the most important factor in choosing your subjects is your interest and passion for them. So, I encourage you to carefully consider each subject and choose the ones that truly excite you. Best of luck in your academic journey!

1. What are the benefits of choosing A level Physics/E.E. as a subject?

There are several benefits to choosing A level Physics/E.E. as a subject. Firstly, it provides a strong foundation for further study in science and engineering fields. It also develops critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Additionally, it opens up a wide range of career opportunities in fields such as research, technology, and finance.

2. Are there any specific prerequisites for taking A level Physics/E.E.?

While there are no specific prerequisites for taking A level Physics/E.E., it is recommended to have a strong understanding of mathematics and basic science concepts. It is also helpful to have good analytical and problem-solving skills.

3. What topics are covered in A level Physics/E.E.?

The topics covered in A level Physics/E.E. vary depending on the examination board, but typically include mechanics, electricity and magnetism, thermodynamics, waves, and quantum physics. E.E. may also cover topics such as circuits, electronics, and electromagnetism.

4. What are the assessment methods for A level Physics/E.E.?

The assessment methods for A level Physics/E.E. typically include written examinations, practical experiments, and coursework assignments. The exact weighting of each assessment method may vary depending on the examination board.

5. How can I prepare for A level Physics/E.E.?

To prepare for A level Physics/E.E., it is important to have a good understanding of the fundamental concepts and theories. It is also helpful to practice solving problems and conducting experiments. Additionally, seeking extra help from teachers or joining study groups can also aid in preparation.