What books should I read to prepare for JEST?

• Thread starter Everdawn
  • Start date
In summary, JEST covers basic principles of physics and questions from graduate and postgraduate topics. Both JAM and JEST are accepted for the integrated PhD program at JNCASR. It is recommended to focus on basic concepts and practice solving objective questions from books like H.C Verma and other objective books. The UGC prescribed graduation syllabus can also be found on their website. Specific titles and authors for preparation were not mentioned.
Everdawn
Does anybody here knows, what constitutes or what is to be read to take JEST??

Physics news on Phys.org
JEST covers the basic priciples of physics and questions from the graduate books and basic post graduate topics

Thank you very much, but can you suggest me any books for preparing 4 the same? Besides Which is harder JAM or JEST.. I'm preparing to apply for the integrated PhD from JNCASR. Bost JAM and JEST are accepted. SO the question.

Thanks for any suggestions..and has anybody already written JEST..Any idea?

Everdawn said:
Thank you very much, but can you suggest me any books for preparing 4 the same? Besides Which is harder JAM or JEST.. I'm preparing to apply for the integrated PhD from JNCASR. Bost JAM and JEST are accepted. SO the question.

Thanks for any suggestions..and has anybody already written JEST..Any idea?

i've written JEST and my rank was 295 with a percentile of 93 .just cocentrate on the basic concepts and try to solve the standard objective questions in H.C Verma and other objective books... the basic emphasis is laid on the U.G.C prescribed graduation syllabus which u can get in it's site

Thank you very much for that information, besides can you also suggest me with specific titles and authors of books to prepare...?

Plz..

Tanx in Adv...

1. What subjects does JEST cover?

JEST (Journal of Experimental Science and Technology) covers a wide range of scientific subjects, including biology, chemistry, physics, engineering, and environmental science.

2. Is JEST only for experimental research?

No, while JEST focuses on experimental research, it also publishes theoretical and review articles related to the covered subjects.

3. How are articles selected for publication in JEST?

All submissions to JEST undergo a rigorous peer-review process by experts in the field to ensure the quality and validity of the research. The decision to publish an article is based on its scientific merit and contribution to the field.

4. Are there any open access options for JEST articles?

Yes, JEST offers open access publishing options for authors who wish to make their articles freely available to the public. There may be additional fees associated with this option.

5. Can I submit a manuscript that has already been published in a different language?

Yes, JEST accepts translations of previously published articles in other languages. However, the author must obtain permission from the original publisher and provide appropriate references and acknowledgments.