Do Subliminal Messages Really Work? - My Experience

• Thread starter sheldon
  • Start date
In summary, subliminal messages are stimuli that are not consciously perceived and are believed to influence the subconscious mind. While there is some evidence of their effectiveness in influencing behavior and attitudes, the results are not consistent and more research is needed. It is unlikely that subliminal messages can completely change beliefs or values, and there are no known negative effects. They may be used for self-improvement, but more research is needed to determine their effectiveness.
sheldon
Do subliminal messages really work? Do they have the ability to motivate or control you? I was checking this one out and it kinda worked but would like other opinions. Let me know what you think.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/subliminal.php

Physics news on Phys.org
Wow that last one was the most effective I've seen, I had to turn up my volume to hear it though.

Perhaps that belongs in a different forum like the lounge or something.

of course they do! just shop at walmart.

1. Do subliminal messages actually work?

This is a commonly asked question and the answer is not definitive. While there is some evidence that subliminal messages can influence behavior and attitudes, the results are not consistent and may vary from person to person. More research is needed to fully understand the effectiveness of subliminal messages.

2. How do subliminal messages work?

Subliminal messages are usually presented in the form of audio or visual stimuli that are not consciously perceived by the individual. The messages are believed to bypass the conscious mind and directly influence the subconscious, which can affect thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. However, the exact mechanism of how this works is still not fully understood.

3. Can subliminal messages be used to change beliefs or values?

There is some evidence that subliminal messages can influence attitudes and behaviors, but it is unlikely that they can completely change a person's beliefs or values. Subliminal messages may be more effective in reinforcing existing beliefs or attitudes rather than creating new ones.

4. Are there any risks or negative effects of using subliminal messages?

There is currently no evidence to suggest that subliminal messages have any negative effects on individuals. However, it is important to note that subliminal messages should not be used as a substitute for professional therapy or medical treatment.

5. Can subliminal messages be used for self-improvement?

Some people believe that subliminal messages can be used for self-improvement, such as increasing self-confidence or reducing anxiety. While there is some anecdotal evidence to support this, more research is needed to determine the effectiveness of subliminal messages for self-improvement purposes.