Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Subscribing to threads

1. Aug 5, 2010 #1

Mentallic

Homework Helper

Is it possible to subscribe to a thread without actually having to post? I often find good questions being asked that I want to also know the answer to and have no additional useful information to give, so I'd rather not post simply saying nothing useful to subscribe.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 5, 2010 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Definitely. Look for the pull down menu titled "Thread Tools". Click on "subscribe to this thread".

4. Aug 5, 2010 #3

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There's a "subscribe to this thread" option in the "Thread tools" button. That button is found on the first post and every (16x+1)th post thereafter.

Edit: Doc was a minute faster :smile:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  5. Aug 5, 2010 #4

Mentallic

Homework Helper

Oh my! I've only ever glanced over that title bar, I think I've always assumed it to be advertisements, not sure though. Anyway, thanks :smile:

And lisab, I think you mean (15x+1)th posts :tongue: 15 posts to a page hehe.
    Weird how we've been here so long and still fail to notice such obvious aspects of the forum!

6. Aug 14, 2010 #5

rhody

Gold Member

This is regarding unsubscribing to a thread. I recently unsubscribed to one, and I continue to get e-mail notices that new posts have been made to it.

Rhody...

7. Aug 14, 2010 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Try clearing your cache and clearing cookies. Unsubscribe again and see if that fixes it.

8. Aug 14, 2010 #7

rhody

Gold Member

Evo,

Thanks, I will try that.

Rhody...

9. Aug 28, 2010 #8

rhody

Gold Member

Evo,

The Ghost's of PF won't allow it. I tried everything. Unsubscibing does not work, and has not in the past. I use Firefox, 3.6.8. No big deal, a minor PITA.

Rhody...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook