1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Subscription Issue

1. Aug 20, 2006 #1

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I just tried to renew my contributorship (in light of all the trouble lately, I know it's definitely needed), but PayPal has changed things. I used to be able to pay a one-time transaction without signing up for a PayPal account (I don't want one), but now it seems I can only pay if I sign up for a PayPal account, and then it says the subscription will automatically renew on the credit card I chose! Needless to say, I cancelled the transaction, because I don't want anything being automatically charged to a credit card in the future, and I don't want PayPal storing my credit card information.

Is there a way to renew (or for those interested in becoming new contributors) without setting up a PayPal account and having automatic renewals?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2006 #2
    Ok now try, it was set to Recurring by mistake.

4. Aug 20, 2006 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks, I'll try again. :smile:

5. Aug 20, 2006 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay...PayPal is working...but I've suddenly turned back to yellow. :cry:

Edit: Phew! Glad that all got fixed! I was feeling so naked without my cape! :biggrin:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  6. Aug 20, 2006 #5

Danger

Gold Member

But I like you naked. Now what am I supposed to do until W gets back from her trip? :frown:

7. Aug 20, 2006 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just realized the drawback to marriage, huh? :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?