Subservient Chicken

• Thread starter Kerrie
  • Start date
Kerrie
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Does this chicken listen to you too? This is interesting...anyone have any idea how it "works"?

Subservient Chicken

Answers and Replies

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
It has to be standing still facing you in the middle of the room to hear you.

It's not very smart though. It can sit, jump, and roll over, but can't do complex tasks.

I told it to get a beer and it walked on the couch.

I told it to find the telecommando and it tried - but everyone knows its under the cushions, not under the back of the couch. Of course, sometimes its under the front of the couch (I saw that on "In Search of Lost Objects").

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It will also watch TV...

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Okay, folks, "it" is a guy in a chicken suit. This looks like it might actually be one of those live, interactive webcam set ups. I hope that guy gets paid better than minimum wage to wear a chicken suit, run over to his camera, and do stupid commands every time someone logs into that site. I think he's a slow reader too. I suppose if you check in when others are also logged on, he might do things you aren't asking because it's what someone else is asking.

No no.
What this is a series of pre-recorded videos. The "Contacting chicken" is just the time it takes for the videos to load.
The script would look for certain words, and if they appear, then a video is loaded. It's just a bunch of if() functions.

Kerrie
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
i realized that later zetag once i gave it the same commands and it did identical actions...at first it was hilarious though...

I remember this site from a long time ago. Its weird how many commands you can give. A funny one was telling the chicken to poke his eye out.

You can get the chicken to Kick, Smell itself, whistles, swims and sleeps.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Last edited:
Gza
You can also go Cheney on it, and tell it to go **** itself. But it seems to get really confused after that. :tongue2: