Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Subservient Chicken

1. Sep 1, 2004 #1

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Does this chicken listen to you too? This is interesting...anyone have any idea how it "works"?

Subservient Chicken

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 1, 2004 #2

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It has to be standing still facing you in the middle of the room to hear you.

It's not very smart though. It can sit, jump, and roll over, but can't do complex tasks.

I told it to get a beer and it walked on the couch.

I told it to find the telecommando and it tried - but everyone knows its under the cushions, not under the back of the couch. Of course, sometimes its under the front of the couch (I saw that on "In Search of Lost Objects").

4. Sep 1, 2004 #3

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It will also watch TV...

5. Sep 1, 2004 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay, folks, "it" is a guy in a chicken suit. This looks like it might actually be one of those live, interactive webcam set ups. I hope that guy gets paid better than minimum wage to wear a chicken suit, run over to his camera, and do stupid commands every time someone logs into that site. I think he's a slow reader too. I suppose if you check in when others are also logged on, he might do things you aren't asking because it's what someone else is asking.

6. Sep 1, 2004 #5
    No no.
    What this is a series of pre-recorded videos. The "Contacting chicken" is just the time it takes for the videos to load.
    The script would look for certain words, and if they appear, then a video is loaded. It's just a bunch of if() functions.

7. Sep 1, 2004 #6

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

i realized that later zetag once i gave it the same commands and it did identical actions...at first it was hilarious though...

8. Sep 1, 2004 #7
    I remember this site from a long time ago. Its weird how many commands you can give. A funny one was telling the chicken to poke his eye out.

9. Sep 2, 2004 #8
    You can get the chicken to Kick, Smell itself, whistles, swims and sleeps.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  10. Sep 2, 2004 #9

Gza

You can also go Cheney on it, and tell it to go **** itself. But it seems to get really confused after that. :tongue2:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?