What are some sets that satisfy A∩P(A)ε B?

In summary, a subset is a collection of elements contained within a larger set. A subset homework problem involves finding a specific subset using mathematical or logical operations. These types of problems are important for developing critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Common strategies for solving subset homework problems include using Venn diagrams, creating a list of all possible subsets, and using logical reasoning. To improve your ability, it is helpful to practice regularly, learn different strategies, and seek assistance when needed.
bonfire09

Homework Statement

The problem wants me to give an example of two sets that satisfy this condition

A∩P(A)ε B

Homework Equations

None

The Attempt at a Solution

For my example I used this example
A={1,2}
P(A)={∅,{1},{2},{1,2}}
A∩P(A)=∅
B={∅}
∅ε B

Therefore A∩P(A)ε B
is this a correct example?

Physics news on Phys.org

im allowed to make up a set for set B. But considering that A∩P(A)=∅ then I thought that the empty set has to be an element in set B.

It seems to be correct.

What is a subset?

A subset is a collection of elements that are all contained within a larger set.

What is a subset homework problem?

A subset homework problem is a problem that involves finding a specific subset of elements within a larger set, usually through the use of mathematical or logical operations.

Why are subset homework problems important?

Subset homework problems are important because they help students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as a deeper understanding of mathematical concepts.

What are some common strategies for solving subset homework problems?

Some common strategies for solving subset homework problems include using Venn diagrams, creating a list of all possible subsets, and using logical reasoning to eliminate certain options.

How can I improve my ability to solve subset homework problems?

To improve your ability to solve subset homework problems, it is important to practice regularly, familiarize yourself with different strategies, and seek help from teachers or peers when needed.