Questions About Subsonic Aircrafts

• Thread starter giber
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding information on planes that fly in the subsonic regime of mach, specifically for a subject on low speed airfoils. The suggested sources include print media such as Plane & Pilot magazine and manufacturers' brochures, as well as using search engines. The conversation also mentions a link to low-speed airfoils posted in a forum. The Wright Flyer and John D Anderson are also mentioned as potential sources of information.
giber
hello... i have a lot of questions :smile: soo i hope that i can answer this one to...

i´m trying to know were can i get information about planes that flight in the subsonic regime of mach.. for example civil planes, or even military planes... thanks people...

Engineering news on Phys.org
It depends upon what kind of information you want. One of the best over-all sources is the print media. Plane & Pilot magazine, Private Pilot, and similar routinely have articles on particular models, as well as tech sections and Q & A pages. You can also get manufacturers' brochures, the same as for cars.

Try using Google or Yahoo or any other search enginee and finding what you need that way. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask.

hello.. the problem is that i have to make a subject about low speed airfoil's and i´m trying to find information of airctaft's that flight at subsonic regime to present as example... soo if you can help me it would be very goog.. thanks

i still don't understand your question...

does the wright flier count in this sub sonic catergoy or are you talking about more modern planes

I'm pretty sure that Fred just posted a link to low-speed airfoils in the past week or so. Try a forum search.

I have three words for y'all.

John D Anderson!

1. What is a subsonic aircraft?

A subsonic aircraft is an aircraft that travels at speeds below the speed of sound, which is approximately 343 meters per second (767 miles per hour) at sea level. Most commercial airplanes are subsonic aircraft.

2. How do subsonic aircrafts differ from supersonic aircrafts?

Subsonic aircrafts travel at speeds below the speed of sound, while supersonic aircrafts travel at speeds above the speed of sound. This difference in speed affects the design, aerodynamics, and performance of the aircraft.

3. What are the advantages of using subsonic aircrafts?

Subsonic aircrafts have several advantages, including lower fuel consumption, quieter operation, and less stress on the aircraft's structure. They are also easier and less expensive to build and maintain compared to supersonic aircrafts.

4. What are some examples of subsonic aircrafts?

Some examples of subsonic aircrafts include commercial airplanes, regional jets, and turboprop planes. Military transport planes and some helicopters also fall under the category of subsonic aircrafts.

5. Can subsonic aircrafts break the sound barrier?

No, subsonic aircrafts are designed to operate below the speed of sound and do not have the capability to break the sound barrier. In order to achieve supersonic speeds, specialized design and technology are required.