1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Suggest a book

1. Oct 10, 2007 #1
    So, since this is my first post on this forum I'd like to say hello to everyone. This year SAT-like exams are introduced in my school so I want to revise all the material from these 4 years of high-school education. I've tried Serway's book - it's nice, I can understand it completely, but I need an algebra-based book. It would be great if there's a Serway-like algebra book ;). The material is pretty much everything: Newton's mechanics, fluid mechanics, waves, optics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism and a bit of quantum mechanics (maybe I missed something, but you get the idea). I've studied all those topics with no problems, but I can't quite remember everything at the moment :(.

Btw, I hope this is the right forum for this question, thanks in advance :)
    No, it's not :( Can someone please move it?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 13, 2007 #2
    It's an older book, and some of the ideas are a bit obsolete, but it will still make you think. The subject is AI and the Mind. It's called The Improbable Machine by Jeremy Campbell. ISBN 0-671-65711-9

4. Oct 13, 2007 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF, dzogi. I'm of no help on your question, unfortunately, but I think you will get some helpful responses here. Your post has been moved to the matching PF forum.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?