Suggest Slogan for T-shirt

SpringCreek
Wait a minute! Did anyone else see the banner ad for Cafe Press?

They've already done the work for you! They have several designs.

http://www.cafepress.com/+resistor+t-shirts" [Broken]

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really sorry and also not altogether sure if its polite to mention that none of my friends liked none of the suggestion posted here. They found it too technical or too easy.
And also in our group, everybody is rejecting everybody's suggestion but nobody is coming up with something anybody would like. Kind of funny!
It would help if you would decide who the shirt is supposed to speak to. Is it supposed to be aimed at other EE's, at the general public, or other?

Also, you need to decide if it is supposed to poke fun at EE's or be positive.

tiny-tim
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Free the electrons!
Power is power!

wolram
Gold Member
The replies to this thread are so shocking i will have to resist in replying in a timely manner.

OmCheeto
Gold Member
b.ee vs a.ee

communication
smoke signals --> telephone

information
books --> internet

mobility
Edsel --> Tesla

and your Smartphone?

Yah, we're bigger than the Beatles.

;)

b.ee = before EE's
a.ee = in the years following the birth of our EE's

for those who were not born EE's

DaveC426913
Gold Member
b.ee vs a.ee

communication
smoke signals --> telephone

information
books --> internet

mobility
Edsel --> Tesla

and your Smartphone?

Yah, we're bigger than the Beatles.

;)

b.ee = before EE's
a.ee = in the years following the birth of our EE's

for those who were not born EE's
Hm. You've listed a bunch of reasons why the world would have been better off without EEs....

"Apply defibrillator to ears."

It would help if you would decide who the shirt is supposed to speak to. Is it supposed to be aimed at other EE's, at the general public, or other?

Also, you need to decide if it is supposed to poke fun at EE's or be positive.
We are EE student of our college that also has other Engineering students. We want to boast ourselves superior to them (other E student) .
What I am imagining is something cool, which they read, misinterpret and think its flawed and come to us to mention how bad is the Quote, then we explain what it really means and how dumb they are.
Nothing of such a serious enemy-hood just fun.

OmCheeto
Gold Member
Hm. You've listed a bunch of reasons why the world would have been better off without EEs....
Ok.... How about an anti-EE slogan?

Kill the EE's

If it weren't for them, Fox News would still be that fat old drunk guy down the street that sits on his front porch and curses incoherent obscenities at you for no reason whatsoever as you walk past his house.​
But then again, Loren's idea is a pseudo-googlewhack:

Apply defibrillator to ears​
I do not understand it at all, but I like it very much. I think I'll make some T-shirts with that for me and my friends. :smile:

We are EE student of our college that also has other Engineering students. We want to boast ourselves superior to them (other E student) .
What I am imagining is something cool, which they read, misinterpret and think its flawed and come to us to mention how bad is the Quote, then we explain what it really means and how dumb they are.
Nothing of such a serious enemy-hood just fun.
No wonder you didn't like any of the ideas. You neglected to mention the incredible specificity of your goal.

No wonder you didn't like any of the ideas. You neglected to mention the incredible specificity of your goal.
:rofl:

Electrical Engineering.

For people who aren't smart enough to do Mechanical Engineering.

:tongue2:

Njorl
Science Advisor
A smith chart showing zero impedance at all frequencies with "Nothing can stop me" underneath.

SpringCreek
I had to google 'smith chart' but now that I've seen it I think it would make a cool shirt, especially with Njorl's slogan. I'd like to have one myself.

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
A smith chart showing zero impedance at all frequencies with "Nothing can stop me" underneath.
Now that's a t-shirt. I'd even buy one.