What are some recommended books for self-studying engineering courses at MIT?

In summary, there are many popular engineering books recommended for beginners such as "Introduction to Engineering" by Paul H. Wright and "Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics" by Michael J. Moran. There are also many engineering books specific to certain fields, such as mechanical engineering or electrical engineering. These books can also be helpful for non-engineering majors, providing a comprehensive understanding of technical principles. Online resources, such as engineering societies and university websites, can provide suggestions and reviews for engineering books. When choosing a suggested engineering book, it is important to read the description to determine if it aligns with your level of knowledge and goals.
Long2024
Suggested books-- engineering

I want to teach myself some engineering courses this summer, so I'm including a link to the MIT course guide and I want suggestions on what books to learn the material from for the following courses:
6.001, 6.002, 6.041, 6.042J.
http://student.mit.edu/catalog/m6a.html

Physics news on Phys.org
i didn't know engineers could read. (harhar hyar!) (my brother was one.)

One thing I like about MIT and schools that follow in the same path is that you get to do electrical engineering and computer science by default.

1. What types of engineering books are typically recommended for beginners?

Some popular engineering books recommended for beginners include "Introduction to Engineering" by Paul H. Wright, "Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics" by Michael J. Moran, and "Engineering Mechanics: Statics" by J.L. Meriam and L.G. Kraige.

2. Are there any engineering books specifically for a certain field of engineering?

Yes, there are many engineering books that focus on a specific field such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or civil engineering. It is important to choose a book that pertains to the specific area of engineering you are interested in.

3. Can engineering books be helpful for non-engineering majors?

Yes, engineering books can be helpful for non-engineering majors as well. They often provide a comprehensive understanding of technical principles and can be useful for those studying related fields such as physics, mathematics, or computer science.

4. Are there any online resources for suggested engineering books?

Yes, there are many online resources for suggested engineering books such as engineering societies, university websites, and online bookstores. These resources often provide reviews and recommendations from experts in the field.

5. How can I determine if a suggested engineering book is suitable for my level of knowledge?

Most suggested engineering books will have a description or summary that includes the intended audience or level of knowledge required. It is important to read these descriptions and choose a book that aligns with your current understanding and goals.