1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Suggestion on career

1. Dec 4, 2014 #1
    I am a student of electronics and communication and I have a dream to work as a research scholar in astrophysics. what to do after completing my engineering to achieve the same?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 4, 2014 #2
    To do astrophysics research you almost always need a physics PhD (or something very similar). You need to be studying physics and thinking about how to get into graduate school for a physics PhD.

4. Dec 4, 2014 #3
    "electronics and communication" is a degree? What exactly are you doing? I don't think the demand for astrophysicists is high enough to make E. engineers potential candidates (may be wrong, though). Maybe if you write an outstanding article on the subject (not something that comes from thin air) you can manage to get there with a different degree.

5. Dec 5, 2014 #4
    I am persuing diploma and not degree in electronics and communication and it is my last year in diploma ...and after completing diploma I will complete my degree b.tech and then what to do? I am confused

6. Dec 5, 2014 #5
    Me too. Why did you get into electronics and communications? Couldn't have chosen physics back then?

7. Dec 6, 2014 #6
    Do some research, go on a mentoring session and volunteer for local science fairs.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook