Suggestion to the Admin/Mentors

• Thread starter PRodQuanta
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was discussing the idea of having PF (Physics Forums) classes where experts in different areas could volunteer to teach about various topics such as programming, math, physics, and string theory. Some people were unsure if this idea was necessary since there are already resources available on the sister site, Physics Post. Others expressed interest in teaching or attending these classes. One person also mentioned their experience with recording a lecture on string theory with little response.
PRodQuanta
What if there was to be PF classes!.

Say, a class every day. People who are experts in some areas volunteer to teach in there area of expertise. Let's say, for example, one day is "programming for dummies", then next day would be "Lagrangian Formalism", next day is "History of Math". It doesn't have to be a lesson, just some facts. It could be a lesson, however. Another day could be "cool tricks in physics" or something. "Beginners guide to String Theory". I think you get what I'm saying.

I'm just sure there would be some people who wouldn't mind volunteering.

I don't know, it was just an idea. What do others think about this?

Yay or Nay?

Paden Roder

Physics news on Phys.org
PRodQuanta said:

Say, a class every day. People who are experts in some areas volunteer to teach in there area of expertise. Let's say, for example, one day is "programming for dummies", then next day would be "Lagrangian Formalism", next day is "History of Math". It doesn't have to be a lesson, just some facts. It could be a lesson, however. Another day could be "cool tricks in physics" or something. "Beginners guide to String Theory". I think you get what I'm saying.

I'm just sure there would be some people who wouldn't mind volunteering.

I don't know, it was just an idea. What do others think about this?

Yay or Nay?

Paden Roder

I'm not an admin here, so I apologize for sticking my nose into this. But don't we already have this? The "sister site" of PF - Physics Post - very much covers what you are suggesting. From what I've read, those contributors have presented a huge collection of valuable instructions and information.

Zz.

PRodQuanta said:
People who are experts in some areas volunteer to teach in there area of expertise.
Uhmm, isn't that what we are doing already in all the forums? :wink: :biggrin:

Ok, ok. Nay it is. :smile:

Paden Roder

PRodQuanta said:
or something. "Beginners guide to String Theory". I think you get what I'm saying.

Paden Roder
I have been trying to do that with little response
visit the string section
i spent a long time recording a lecture with little response
in fact so far none
if i get more respone i will volunteer to teach intro to string theoryl

What is the purpose of suggesting to the admin/mentors?

The purpose of suggesting to the admin/mentors is to provide feedback, ideas, or recommendations for improvement within the scientific community. This could include suggestions for research projects, mentorship programs, or policies and procedures.

How can I make a suggestion to the admin/mentors?

To make a suggestion to the admin/mentors, you can reach out to them directly via email or through a designated suggestion box or form. You can also bring up your suggestion during meetings or conferences where the admin/mentors are present.

Will my suggestion be considered by the admin/mentors?

Yes, your suggestion will be considered by the admin/mentors. They value feedback and ideas from the scientific community and will carefully review and assess all suggestions to determine their feasibility and potential impact.

How long does it take for a suggestion to be implemented?

The timeline for implementing a suggestion can vary depending on its complexity and the resources available. The admin/mentors will consider all factors and provide updates on the progress of implementing the suggestion.

Can I suggest changes to ongoing projects or programs?

Yes, you can suggest changes to ongoing projects or programs. The admin/mentors are open to continuous improvement and welcome suggestions that could enhance the success and impact of ongoing initiatives.