Suggestions + Ideas Here Please

In summary, the conversation was about a student struggling with a Chemistry project on Kyoto Protocol and Climate Change and relating it to gas laws. They discussed different ideas such as writing about the ineffectiveness of Kyoto, the way greenhouse gas emissions are reported, and the relationship between global temperature and gas laws. They also mentioned the importance of citing sources and the potential impact of global warming on the atmosphere. The conversation ended with a question about the specific properties that make methane, CO2, and Nitrous oxide greenhouse gases.
xLaser
...::: Suggestions + Ideas Here Please! :::...

Hello guys,

I have been dumped with a huge Chemistry project over the christmas break, yes i can feel you crying :cry: for me but yes... that's what you get for being in IB.

Anyway, I was given the topic of Kyoto Protocol And Climate Change and RELATING ALL THAT TO GAS LAWS....... :bugeye: :bugeye: :bugeye: :bugeye: :bugeye: :bugeye: :bugeye:

Now I can write 2 million pages on Kyoto, global warming, greenhouse effect and all that junk, and I know about the gas laws:

Boyle’s Law , Charles’ Law, Dalton’s Law, Combined Gas Law, The Ideal Gas Law, n of course the KMT about Gases,

BUT! ! HOW THE HECK DO I RELATED GLOBAL WARMING TO THESE STUFFF??

I honestly have NO clue! :confused:

---------------------------------

SO, I'm open to ALL SUGGESTIONS on HOW THE HECK I'm suppose to incorporate these LAWS into global warming!

Thx in advance for all the help I know I'm going to get
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smile: :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
any of those laws relate to heat or insulation or some sort of stuff like that?

of course, you could always just write a paper explaining why Kyoto would not fx the problem and then talk about greenhouse gases.

put it like this **talk about global warming, greenhouse gases, the laws that govern the greenhouse effect if any, the laws that govern the circulation of greenhouse gases** then in the next section, after an appropriate transition. **Kyoto, why it will or will not work**

make sure to cite any sources you use in the text at the time you use them, and in a bibliography using the appropriate methods.

The only thing I can think of is the way greenhouse gas amissions are reported : in terms of carbon equivalents. You could look that up. There may be other fringe relationships, but there really is little meaning to this.

I really think your Chem teacher was running out of sensible ideas when s/he thought up this absurdness.

that sucks for the students because that teacher is going to get back a lot of poor papers and give them bad grades just because the assignment was a bad one.

hm, yeah true, but i was thinking in terms of temperature, i duno, because all those gas laws are related to temperature and pressure, i guess if global temp. increases, then the laws can change or whatever, that may seem a bit superficial but that's the only thing i can come up with right now, still open to suggestions

and thanks for all the help up till now, Gokul43201 i'll look up on the carbon equipvalents and the teacher is a HE, lol.

And apparently this is worth 10% of our final grade in chem. AND we have an oral presentation to the class about it after the holidays, so I better not screw this one over.

xLaser said:
hm, yeah true, but i was thinking in terms of temperature, i duno, because all those gas laws are related to temperature and pressure, i guess if global temp. increases, then the laws can change or whatever

that is now how a planets atmosphere works because there are many other forces acting on the atmosphere than just radiant heat from the earth.

did you know that global warming will actually cause an ice age in the Northern Hemisphere? for an idea of how that works (but not one on the reality of how it will happen) look at "The Day After Tomorrow" when he talks about the gulf stream and the melting of the ice caps.

uh... i think i heard from somewhere that i really shouldn't be taking stuff in movies seriously... especially putting them in papers that i have to hand in :rofl:

Ok i have a question:

What specific chemical or physical properties enables methane, CO2, and Nitrous oxide to be a greenhouse gas?

What is the purpose of "Suggestions + Ideas Here Please"?

The purpose of "Suggestions + Ideas Here Please" is to gather feedback, ideas, and suggestions from a group of people on a specific topic or project. This can help to generate new and innovative ideas, as well as gather insights and perspectives from different individuals.

How can I contribute to "Suggestions + Ideas Here Please"?

To contribute to "Suggestions + Ideas Here Please", you can share your thoughts, ideas, and suggestions in the designated space or platform where the discussion is taking place. Make sure to clearly state your suggestions and provide any necessary details or explanations to support your ideas.

What should I keep in mind when sharing my suggestions and ideas?

When sharing your suggestions and ideas in "Suggestions + Ideas Here Please", it is important to be respectful, open-minded, and constructive. Avoid criticizing others' ideas and instead focus on building upon them. Additionally, make sure to provide clear and concise explanations for your suggestions to ensure they are easily understood by others.

How will my suggestions and ideas be used?

The use of suggestions and ideas gathered in "Suggestions + Ideas Here Please" can vary depending on the purpose of the discussion. They may be used to improve a product or project, generate new ideas, or inform decision-making. It is important to clarify the purpose of the discussion and how the suggestions and ideas will be used beforehand.

What should I do if I have a question or concern about the suggestions and ideas being discussed?

If you have a question or concern about the suggestions and ideas being discussed in "Suggestions + Ideas Here Please", you can reach out to the facilitator or moderator of the discussion. They can provide clarification or address any issues that may arise during the discussion.