1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Suggestions of Books for Self Study?

1. Aug 8, 2011 #1
    I need some suggestions on books for self study in the fields of Special Rel, Electricity and Magnetism, and Electrodynamics. My current math level is on par with Calc 3 (vector analysis and multi-v cal), ordinary diff eq, and linear algebra. I am looking for books on starter courses of each of the subjects listed above for self study. I would like a special rel book that is somewhat rigorous (but not so much as to be a lead in to G-rel, although that is my main goal ;P), again this is a first course for me. For the E&M book I am looking for more of a book that introduces Maxwell's equations and non-relativistic electromagnetic theory. And finally a book on Electrodynamics that brings together special rel and E&M. I would like to emphasize this is a first for me, so please no books that assume more mathematics than I have listed (unless it is self contained and teaches what I need), or prior knowledge of the material at hand.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted