Suicide bombers crash van into mosque

• News
  • Thread starter Gonzolo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Crash
In summary, four suicide bombers drove a minibus loaded with explosives into a Shiite mosque in northern Baghdad, killing 14 civilians who were gathered for morning prayers. This attack is seen as an example of how some insurgents in Iraq are motivated by irrational religious ideals. Aljazeera, a news network banned by the American-backed Iraqi government, is often criticized for not providing unbiased news coverage. Despite the criticism, the American occupation army claims to be working towards establishing a free society in Iraq and denies controlling the media. However, there are still concerns about the presence of organized crime, terrorists, and foreign security agencies in Iraq, despite the efforts of the liberators.
Gonzolo
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Four suicide bombers drove a minibus loaded with explosives into a northern Baghdad Shiite mosque early Friday, killing 14 civilians, many who had gathered for morning prayers, police said.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/12/03/iraq.main/index.html

I like this news bit because it clearly dissociates the motives of (some?) insurgents from any rational religious ideal. I would have liked to find the same on Aljazeera though.

Physics news on Phys.org
Aljazeera is banned by the American puppet regime of Baghdad.
If the American care about showing the truth, they should be good example to let ALJazeera and other media working free in Iraq.

It is funny that Aljazeera have offices in all ME countries (including Israel) except Iraq!

Few people will going to believe such news from Iraq, because all the media is controlled by the American occupation army.

If they bombed the country for 13 years, and invaded it based on pure lies, why we have to believe them now?

Of course I do not deny that there are ''harmful grass'' among the Iraqi resistance … as we know this resistance is many groups which not organist very well, also they have no political wings to hear their views.

Currently Iraq is heaven for organized crimes, terrorists and foreign security agencies which working for their own interests.

Thanks for the liberators!

Gonzolo said:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/12/03/iraq.main/index.html

I like this news bit because it clearly dissociates the motives of (some?) insurgents from any rational religious ideal. I would have liked to find the same on Aljazeera though.

I'll save russ the effort:

Bilal said:
Aljazeera is banned by the American puppet regime of Baghdad.
If the American care about showing the truth, they should be good example to let ALJazeera and other media working free in Iraq.
Iraq is not a puppet regime of America, we are setting up a Free Society which was formerly lacking in this area, we don't let Aljazeera be aired there because it is the most unrealiable news network ever and it would just turn more people against the Americans.

Few people will going to believe such news from Iraq, because all the media is controlled by the American occupation army.
As I said before the Media is not controlled by the Army, it is an independant, unbiased American network and you can't possibly get better than that.

If they bombed the country for 13 years, and invaded it based on pure lies, why we have to believe them now?
Would you rather have Saddam back killing off civilians? The Iraqi's don't.

Of course I do not deny that there are ''harmful grass'' among the Iraqi resistance … as we know this resistance is many groups which not organist very well, also they have no political wings to hear their views.
This is just rhetoric.

Currently Iraq is heaven for organized crimes, terrorists and foreign security agencies which working for their own interests.

Thanks for the liberators!
Your sarcasm is ridiculous, Iraq is much better off with Saddam gone, this is a fact. You have no facts, just biased opinions and Hyperboles from Aljazeera.

Last edited:
*suppresses giggles so as not to offend Russ* :rofl:

1. What motivates someone to become a suicide bomber?

There are several factors that can motivate someone to become a suicide bomber, including religious or political ideologies, a sense of desperation or hopelessness, and the promise of rewards in the afterlife. Each individual's motivations may vary and can be influenced by a combination of personal, social, and cultural factors.

2. How are suicide bombers recruited?

Suicide bombers can be recruited through various means, such as through extremist groups, online propaganda, or personal connections. Some may also be coerced or forced into becoming suicide bombers, particularly in cases of child soldiers or individuals who are mentally vulnerable.

3. Can mental illness play a role in someone becoming a suicide bomber?

While mental illness can be a contributing factor in someone's decision to become a suicide bomber, it is not the sole determining factor. There are many other complex factors involved, including external influences and personal motivations. It is important to recognize that the vast majority of individuals with mental illness do not engage in violent or extreme behaviors.

4. Are there any warning signs that someone may become a suicide bomber?

There is no specific profile for a suicide bomber and it is difficult to predict who may become one. However, some potential warning signs can include radicalization to extremist ideologies, expressions of hopelessness or despair, and sudden changes in behavior or actions. It is important to note that these signs do not necessarily mean someone will become a suicide bomber, but they may indicate a need for intervention or support.

5. How can we prevent or stop suicide bombings?

Preventing and stopping suicide bombings involves addressing the root causes that lead individuals to become suicide bombers. This can include promoting tolerance and understanding, addressing socio-economic inequalities, and providing access to mental health resources. It is also important to address and dismantle extremist groups and ideologies that promote violence and recruit suicide bombers.