1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Programs SULI DOE acceptance Summer 2016

1. Mar 20, 2016 #1
    Has anybody received acceptance emails from DOE yet? I applied to LLNL and ORNL, and my application still says pending review.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 20, 2016 #2
    Oof, I wish I heard about this program earlier! I saw this discussion posted in 2011 which says they planned on deciding their Summer selections on April 1st, so I wouldn't be too worried about it. Good luck!

4. Mar 20, 2016 #3
    Strange... I applied for that program twice. Got accepted once, and rejected once, both notifications came long before April 1.

5. Mar 20, 2016 #4
    @Dishsoap Out of curiosity, did you participate in the program when you were accepted? If so, how was the experience? I'm looking into REUs for next Summer and this one sounds super interesting.

6. Mar 20, 2016 #5
    I did, I was at Fermilab for the summer. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone interested. I loved the research I did, all of the awesome talks that I got to go to, and overall the summer was a great experience. Definitely apply!!

7. Mar 20, 2016 #6
    This doesn't sound like a good omen for my acceptance. I have heard that the notification time varies from lab to lab, does anyone have experience with LLNL or ORNL?

8. Mar 21, 2016 #7
    I know the deadline is approaching soon, but I am convinced that I was not accepted into the program.

I received an offer last year during early May, and some of my friends have told me that their friends have received offers this year (no specifics, sorry). I've seen another thread in the Chemistry forum, but it's not very active. I've seen some people mention it in that Physics REUs 2016 thread too.

9. Mar 31, 2016 #8
    I applied for the DOE SULI program this year and got accepted to SLAC on February 17th. Maybe they send out multiple waves of acceptances as spots open up from people turning it down? I only had ten days to decide to accept my placement.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted