1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Summer classes at a city college

1. Apr 1, 2005 #1

Gold Member

Ok guys, what is the difference in going to a city college for summer courses as opposed to the university you currently go to for summer classes (except the $500 difference)? Would grad schools look down on it?

Also, do grad schools look well upon students who graduate in say, 3 years or 3 1/2 instead of 4 or are they neutral towards them?
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 1, 2005 #2
    for most universities, for non-university earned credits, the only thing that shows up on your transcript are the course you took and acknowledgement that you received credit for that course. i took calc 2 at a state school last summer and on my transcript here at syracuse university it just shows that i earned 4 credits for calc 2. it doesn't even list my grade. so my assumption is that as long as you earn the credits, grad schools and such will not pay attention to the details, so long as you have your degree. i could be wrong but thats what i think
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?