Ready to Bare it All at Portland's World Naked Bike Ride?

• Thread starter nsaspook
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fun Summer
In summary, hundreds of sex toys were hung from power lines in Portland, Oregon. Some people think this is a message, while others think it's just funny.
This guy must be trying to get his own reality show.

Physics news on Phys.org
edward said:
This guy must be trying to get his own reality show.

Bad childhood experience?

Likes Silicon Waffle
36 hours in Portland

Visit and please leave.

Silicon Waffle said:
:nb)

Sorry, but the city is completely filled now by the summer bums from afar thinking this a warm sunny paradise. I can't wait for the rain and gloom to start again for 8 months making it easy to go to all those nice places again.
WhyLie.jpg

http://blog.estately.com/2014/10/16-reasons-you-should-never-move-to-portland/

I need to repent.

http://www.knick-knack.com/rants/places/portland-oregon-sucks.html

Last edited:
It's ok, I've never meant to move to Portland. :oldfrown:.

Likes nsaspook
nsaspook said:
36 hours in Portland

Visit and please leave.

People may not know of our long standing tradition, of welcoming visitors, and then telling them to go home.

McCall[One of Oregon's former governors] is well known for a comment he made in a Jan. 12, 1971, interview with CBS News' Terry Drinkwater, in which he said:
Come visit us again and again. This is a state of excitement. But for heaven's sake, don't come here to live".​

nsaspook said:
Sorry, but the city is completely filled now by the summer bums from afar...

In the olden days, they used to be only found downtown. I live 8 miles from the city center, and now they come up to me, while underneath my car changing my oil, and ask me for spare change. It's quite annoying.

ps. I could go on all day about this...

Likes nsaspook
Silicon Waffle said:
It's ok, I've never meant to move to Portland. :oldfrown:.

That's too bad. The city is so much fun when the summer lights are off.

I'm looking forward to another winter of good Portland drivers.

Likes Silicon Waffle
nsaspook said:

Obviously from the NW section of downtown, which has been flooded with immigrants from California, with more car insurance than they know what to do with.

The following is a video filmed from very near to where I used to work. The videographer is the brother of someone I worked with.

Zero accidents. Obviously the NATIVE Portlanders, knew enough to stand still, waiting patiently, while southerly drivers got back to safety.

Likes nsaspook
nsaspook said:

I would only want to be where my husband is.

Another reason not to live in Portland are the dealers. Some are right out in front of kids dealing illegal products.

I was at the store today with the wife and this is what I saw. (innocent until proven guilty)

Car with the hatch open and someone just standing by the parked car.
21322873652_925af2ca52_c_d.jpg

Woman looks at her supply for a possible buy.
20710994924_9d13920a77_c_d.jpg

Raw milk sold openly on the streets of Portland. :nb)
21145753638_42360471e8_c_d.jpg

http://www.realmilk.com/real-milk-finder/oregon/
There is a farm in Scio that has a drop off point in Corvallis (thats us!). (redacted) Check them out on facebook or email them at (redacted)

Last edited:
Likes lisab, edward and Silicon Waffle
A story from the 'other' Portlandia, this would never happen in the 'real' Portlandia..

http://www.pressherald.com/2015/09/...in-on-controversy-over-bras-at-portland-jail/
“The policy is real clear, no weapons and contraband. It doesn’t say anything about underwire bras,” Joyce said on Monday.
http://www.fox5ny.com/news/24083463-story
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — A sheriff in Maine has apologized to a pair of female lawyers who were told they needed to take off their underwire bras at jail to avoid setting off the metal detector if they wanted to talk to their incarcerated clients.

Warning!
To all other communities, thinking about legalizing marijuana:

Man wanted for stealing $80,000 in medical supplies from porch
The package contained 40 neuro coils [I googled "neuro coils" and um... go ahead and google it.]
Deputies say the suspect is a man in his 40s, standing about 5-foot 11-inches, weighing 15 pounds and driving a dark-colored hatchback.

If you have any information, call Happy Valley Police.

We may have made a mistake...

2 hours after it was pointed out to the TV station, that the man weighed only 15 lbs, they still haven't fixed it.
As many of my right wing friends and relatives predicted, Portlandia, has collapsed, into chaos... :oldfrown:

OmCheeto said:
As many of my right wing friends and relatives predicted, Portlandia, has collapsed, into chaos... :oldfrown:

Collapsed, that's hard to do when it's already in a black hole singularity.

21930153096_e03b6d9e8e_b_d.jpg

Likes Borg and Pepper Mint
Some of the 'horses' are on the side of the road.:cry:

-0bdd5e7e931f4b95.jpg

http://www.oregonlive.com/multnomah..._race_leaves_dodge.html#incart_most-readcrime
Fairview police stopped a 2014 Dodge Charger driven by Eduardo Canseco, 24, on Marine Drive, Alexander said, and a 2016 Ford Focus driven by Oliver Reyes-Zaragoz, 24, was pulled over a short time later.

Meanwhile, deputies learned that the other Charger, a 2007 model driven by Carlos Joshua De Jesus, failed to negotiate a turn, went airborne and rolled over, Alexander said. The car tumbled over a guardrail and crashed down the side of an embankment, leaving vehicle parts -- including the engine -- scattered along Crown Point Highway.

That little stretch of road is famous for being a drag-strip. I've tested a few engine rebuilds there myself.

Just discovered this lady a few days ago on my Christian Science Monitor Facebook feed:

The article I initially read, was about knitting.
My mom taught me how to knit when I was about 5, but I've since forgotten the art.

Although she is originally from Virginia, I'm pretty sure, she is "one of us".

Likes BillTre and OmCheeto
<h2>1. What is the World Naked Bike Ride?</h2><p>The World Naked Bike Ride is an annual event that takes place in cities around the world, including Portland, where thousands of people gather to ride bikes while nude to raise awareness for cyclist rights, body positivity, and environmental issues.</p><h2>2. Is the World Naked Bike Ride legal?</h2><p>Yes, the World Naked Bike Ride is legal in Portland and other cities where it takes place. Participants are protected under the First Amendment right to freedom of expression.</p><h2>3. Do I have to be completely naked to participate?</h2><p>No, you do not have to be completely naked to participate. While the event promotes body positivity and nudity is encouraged, some participants choose to wear body paint, underwear, or other creative coverings.</p><h2>4. Can anyone participate in the World Naked Bike Ride?</h2><p>Yes, anyone can participate in the World Naked Bike Ride as long as they are 18 years or older. Participants of all genders, body types, and backgrounds are welcome to join the event.</p><h2>5. How can I prepare for the World Naked Bike Ride?</h2><p>Some tips for preparing for the World Naked Bike Ride include wearing sunscreen, bringing a water bottle, and wearing comfortable shoes. It is also recommended to bring a towel or something to sit on while riding, as well as a bag to carry your clothes and belongings. Most importantly, be respectful of others and have fun!</p>

1. What is the World Naked Bike Ride?

The World Naked Bike Ride is an annual event that takes place in cities around the world, including Portland, where thousands of people gather to ride bikes while nude to raise awareness for cyclist rights, body positivity, and environmental issues.

2. Is the World Naked Bike Ride legal?

Yes, the World Naked Bike Ride is legal in Portland and other cities where it takes place. Participants are protected under the First Amendment right to freedom of expression.

3. Do I have to be completely naked to participate?

No, you do not have to be completely naked to participate. While the event promotes body positivity and nudity is encouraged, some participants choose to wear body paint, underwear, or other creative coverings.

4. Can anyone participate in the World Naked Bike Ride?

Yes, anyone can participate in the World Naked Bike Ride as long as they are 18 years or older. Participants of all genders, body types, and backgrounds are welcome to join the event.

5. How can I prepare for the World Naked Bike Ride?

Some tips for preparing for the World Naked Bike Ride include wearing sunscreen, bringing a water bottle, and wearing comfortable shoes. It is also recommended to bring a towel or something to sit on while riding, as well as a bag to carry your clothes and belongings. Most importantly, be respectful of others and have fun!