Summer getting too hard for you? Post your Fall Schedule to cool down!

• Thread starter Thermalne
  • Start date
Oh, excellent! Please forgive my Canadianisms...
Dirty Canadians! Get your own PF! :tongue:

^If you want to rent textbooks inexpensively, there's a website I know about named Chegg.com where you can rent them.
Thanks so much!
Intro to exploration is a course that skims the surface of a lot of areas of science and engineering. As per the course description, "Science and engineering of Earth, solar system, and space exploration. Experimental design, engineering design; teaming; the professions of science and engineering."

Arizona State University is all about becoming some "New American University" where learning thrives through interdisciplinary study. So they want to bring a bunch of different fields together in a class like this to get us all thinking about the same problems.
:biggrin: Niiiiiiiiice :)

From what I hear, being in the Marines teaches you a level of discipline way beyond that of most people just coming out of high school. If it's true, I'm sure it'll more than make up for anything you've forgotten.
I do feel like I'll have time management skills and work ethic that I wouldn't have otherwise had going into college. I'll just be hitting the books hard to not get behind early on. More than anything I'm just excited to get started.

ok, here is my final semester for fall
psychology
sociology
logic
world culture fundametal
electromagnetism
Statistical probability
french
fundametal of programming
nuclear physics
basketball

is it ok for sophomore year

Dembadon
Gold Member
I've finally accumulated enough credits at my local CC to qualify as a transfer student at the nearby university. I was able to get most of my core curriculum and humanities courses out of the way for about a third of the cost. I'm excited to finally be a full-time student as well as concentrate on courses within my major!

Calculus III (Honors)
Linear Algebra
Differential Equations
Theory of Positive Integers
Intermediate Macroeconomics (Honors)

I'm anxious to start my proof-based courses, but Calc III and LA are the prerequisites for pretty much every single upper-division mathematics course at my university, so I need to get those out of the way.

Last edited:
psychology
sociology
logic
world culture fundametal
electromagnetism
Statistical probability
french
nuclear physics
basketball

How the hell are you taking 9 courses?!?!? This shocks me...

Dembadon
Gold Member
psychology
sociology
logic
world culture fundametal
electromagnetism
Statistical probability
french
nuclear physics
basketball

Is that the list you're choosing from, or does your institution actually allow you to enroll in that many credits for one semester? :bugeye:

That looks to be above the maximum amount of credits that a university typically allows.

Is that the list you're choosing from, or does your institution actually allow you to enroll in that many credits for one semester? :bugeye:

That looks to be above the maximum amount of credits that a university typically allows.
My guess would be that he has listed a full year, rather than just one semester. What shocked me was "basketball".

my university allow me to choose all of this, because i asked some older student they say sociology, logic, culturel, and psychology is very easy. this is not maximum but i much have time to study. basketball is a sport, very easy.
only for fall semester

These, and high school:

College Math II: Trigonometry
Discrete Math
Physics I
Introduction to Programming in C++

and I take chemistry and biology in high school.

I still feel like it's nothing compared to most, but :D

My guess would be that he has listed a full year, rather than just one semester. What shocked me was "basketball".
Indeed, that you are able to get credits for sports (except when you're studying sports or physiotherapy) is a laugh really.

Indeed, that you are able to get credits for sports (except when you're studying sports or physiotherapy) is a laugh really.
Well, when you think about it, it's probably going to be about as useful to him as taking a history course or something. Neither one is really necessary towards what he's studying (nuclear engineering, if I recall correctly). The reason engineers take these courses is for breadth, and I suppose that basketball gives that about as much as anything else (except for language or business). It definitely caught me off-guard though, since I've never seen sports offered as credits. I suppose there are different academic practices around the world though.

psychology
sociology
logic
world culture fundametal
electromagnetism
Statistical probability
french
nuclear physics
basketball

Do you actually get graded in your "basketball" course, or is it that you have to take a sports course which is then just pass or fail? I know the latter was the case when I was studying back home. We had PE in years two and three, and we just had to be there a certain number of times. You wouldn't really get credits for it, but you had to pass if you wanted to advance to your next year.

Do you actually get graded in your "basketball" course, or is it that you have to take a sports course which is then just pass or fail? I know the latter was the case when I was studying back home. We had PE in years two and three, and we just had to be there a certain number of times. You wouldn't really get credits for it, but you had to pass if you wanted to advance to your next year.
basketball is the course i had to pass if i wanted to advance ito the next. my domain is nuclear engineering. sr my keyboard is down.

Well, when you think about it, it's probably going to be about as useful to him as taking a history course or something. Neither one is really necessary towards what he's studying (nuclear engineering, if I recall correctly). The reason engineers take these courses is for breadth, and I suppose that basketball gives that about as much as anything else (except for language or business). It definitely caught me off-guard though, since I've never seen sports offered as credits. I suppose there are different academic practices around the world though.
That's one of the reasons we are not allowed to take courses outside our field except when you can justify it. Like doing some business or economics course if you choose the professional option, or teaching courses etc.

From my college's website (LAS at large public university):

One of the special features of LAS programs is that most majors allow you the opportunity to take a wide variety of courses...

You may also apply up to 4 hours of basic physical activity courses toward the total hours required for graduation.
I'm guessing a lot of schools let you take a class or two of sport/physical activity and count it as an elective. At the minimum there are the social aspects of interacting with others and teamwork between students, which are skills that one is generally expected to learn in college.

The TN public college I am planning on transfering to offers as a Physical Ed credit course:
Archery, Badminton, Ballroom Dance, Basketball, Bowling, Advanced Bowling, Canoing, Golf, Hand Gun Familiarity and Safety, Kempojutsu, Racquetball, Rilfelry, Samurai Sword Kenjutsu, Self Defense for Women, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Walk for Fitness, Water Aerobics, Weight training. https://ttuss1.tntech.edu/pls/PROD/bwckschd.p_get_crse_unsec

I just looked these up, and had no idea they offered some of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
1st:
Metric Space Topology
Number Theory
Complex Analysis I
Abstract Algebra
Algebraic Curves

2nd:
General Topology
Combinatorics
Measure Theory
Group Theory
Functional Analysis

Yay for Math hahahah.

Automatic Controls
Solid State Devices
Communication Theory
Power Systems and Machines
Senior Design
Yoga

Taking the yoga cause I've already dated all 4 of the above average girls in Electrical Engineering. Need to cast my net in a bigger pond.

yoga sounds cool :)

Should a male student take a course like aerobic or classical dance?
My college offer:
Athletics, volleyball, basketball, taekwondo, aerobic, chess and classical dance

Updated Fall Schedule:

Intro to Real Analysis I
Linear Algebra I
Theory of Differential Equations
Grad Algebra I

Sitting in on:
Intro to PDEs I - may or may not keep it, depending on how heavy my other classes get.

I'm retaking Analysis and Linear Algebra so I consider those non-courses with busy work to do (I did topology and a year's worth of abstract algebra-through galois theory-last year, so I am much more comfortable with the level of rigor and topics in Analysis and L.A.)

Waveguides and Optoelectronic Devices
Fourier Optics
Geometric Optics
Radiation and EM Detectors