1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Summer Internships

1. Oct 12, 2016 #1
    I'm trying to think ahead and start looking for summer internships, I'll be done with my sophomore year of physics by then. I know there are a lot out there, I know of a few, have stumbled on a few, how do I find more? I know that getting as much experience as possible is necessary for my future. I'm reading through the similar discussions (old threads), but I'm looking for anything new also. Any advice on finding, landing and making the most out of physics internships, thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2016 #2
    Apply to all the REUs that you can (the limiting factor will likely be how much you want to bug people for letters of recommendation). Also, consider SULI internships (and Lee Teng and such, if you qualify!).

4. Oct 13, 2016 #3
    thank you, that's my plan. After posting this I found a list of a bunch that I read through looking for my interests so now I have a list of 30! I'll look up what you posted.

Do you know when they start accepting applications? All the pages I am finding were for last year. Looks like most stop in mid february but I'm not sure when they'll start.

5. Oct 13, 2016 #4
    The SULI application opens up in mid-October (I think) and ends on January 10th generally. For REUs, I applied for a bunch during early December one year, so definitely by then.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted