1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Summer Jobs

1. Apr 27, 2008 #1
    Any suggestions for summer jobs? Guess its kinda hard to go from physics to flipping burgers. I have a part time job as a tutor at the college, but that doesn't really pay the rent.
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 27, 2008 #2
    If you already have you BA in physics, couldn't you find a job working as a lab technician . That kind of job is more frugal than flipping burgers.
  4. Apr 27, 2008 #3
    It's not too late to get a research position at a local college or university. Ask around to see if the professors would be willing to pay you with grant money. That's how I got my first research position after freshman year of college, just by asking right before summer.

Or see if you can supplement your college tutoring by getting hired as a private tutor (which can be even better – no taxes).
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?