How Can a Physics Student Find Practical Experience During Summer Break?

In summary, the person is feeling bored during their summer vacation after successfully completing their first year at the Physics faculty. They are envious of their friends who have summer jobs related to their studies and wish they could do the same. They are also frustrated by the lack of a physics club or anyone to discuss their doubts and problems with, relying only on biographies and online forums. They are unsure of how to spend their vacation and suggest studying math and picking up a physics book. Others suggest attending summer classes, trying new activities, or taking a break from physics. In the end, the person decides to go to Germany to improve their German and visit a university.
You keep referring to a group that merely likes math and science. You created that straw man. As I said before, *I* like math and science. I am talking about people who cannot partake in normal recreation because they can't put the book down. I don't think that's healthy from a social standpoint.

I keep referring to a group which primarily enjoys math and science. I thought we had already agreed that it is important to do something other than your primary joy in life. I agree in taking a break, but maybe not in the same manner as you do. I do not think I have created any "straw man" in any way shape or form.

I have no use for political correctness, so I am not swayed by your argument one iota.

Who said anything about politically correct? I do not think that ill-intended slurs should become accepted language. For me, politically correct would imply the use of a term such as "scientifically advanced" or some stupid term. What about accepting the terms scientist, physicist, or mathematician? These are already decent terms that have no negative connotations. Or, for that matter, maybe Bob, Jill, Frank, Helen, or anybody's appropriate name?

Back