Stuck Between Options: Seeking Advice

In summary, the speaker has been rejected from their desired programs and is considering taking online classes from ArtOfProblemSolving.com or EPGY. They are also considering taking a break, but feel guilty about it. They are seeking advice and suggestions, such as interning or getting a job. They mention that gaining experience may not be an option anymore.
dtl42
So I got rejected from both programs I had lined up and applied to. I have a few options, but was really hoping you guys would have many more.

I could take two classes online from ArtOfProblemSolving.com, they would help me prepare for math olympiads and contests, and I would certainly enjoy them.

I also could take a course from EPGY, whether it be a Physics or Math, but either is appealing.

Another option is to just relax, but I'd feel guilty about doing this.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
Try to intern, or get a job. If not, volunteer.

Experience isn't really an option anymore it seems, especially if you wind up having to get a job after college.

I can understand the disappointment of being rejected from programs that you were hoping to be a part of. It can be frustrating to feel like you have limited options, but I would encourage you to see this as an opportunity to explore different paths and potentially find something even more fulfilling.

Taking classes from ArtOfProblemSolving.com or EPGY can certainly help you develop your skills in math and physics, and may even open up new opportunities for you. It's great that you are considering these options and finding ways to continue learning and growing.

However, I would also suggest taking some time to reflect on your interests and goals. Is there a particular area of science that you are passionate about? Are there any research projects or internships that you could pursue to gain hands-on experience? Sometimes taking a break and reassessing your options can lead to a more fulfilling path.

Ultimately, the decision is up to you and what will make you happiest. I would encourage you to seek advice from mentors, friends, and family, but ultimately trust your own instincts and make the best decision for yourself. Remember, there are always multiple paths to success and it's never too late to change direction. Good luck!

1. What is "Stuck Between Options: Seeking Advice"?

"Stuck Between Options: Seeking Advice" is a common situation where an individual is faced with multiple choices and is unsure of which one to choose. They may seek advice from others to help them make a decision.

2. Why do people seek advice when they are stuck between options?

People seek advice when they are stuck between options because it can provide them with different perspectives and insights that they may not have considered on their own. It can also help them feel more confident in their decision-making process.

3. Who should I seek advice from when I am stuck between options?

You can seek advice from a variety of people, such as friends, family, colleagues, or professionals in the field related to your decision. It is important to choose someone who is non-judgmental and has your best interests in mind.

4. How do I know if the advice I received is helpful?

The best way to determine if the advice you received is helpful is to assess whether it aligns with your values, goals, and priorities. You should also consider the source of the advice and their expertise in the subject matter.

5. What should I do if I am still unsure after seeking advice?

If you are still unsure after seeking advice, it may be helpful to take some time to reflect on your options and consider your own instincts and intuition. You can also seek advice from additional sources or seek the help of a professional counselor or coach to guide you in your decision-making process.