Is taking an intro to programming class online over the summer a good idea?

In summary, It would be a wise choice to take an intro to programming class online if you have no prior experience with programming and are planning to transfer to a state university next year.
syphonation
Do you guys think it would be a wise choice to take an into to programming class online if you've never had experience with it before?

I'm going to transfer to a state university next year, but I need a few basic programming classes first. The college I'm at right now doesn't offer the ones I need, but I just got the opportunity to take CS 115 Intro to Computer Programming online, over summer.

I'm good with computers as far as literacy goes. I can use Word, Excel, Spreadsheet, etc. - just never had any programmimg experience.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Jimmy

Technology news on Phys.org
I think that if you haven't ever programmed before, taking a course over the summer (rather than spring-fall or not at all) is a good idea.

I believe that taking an intro to programming class online over the summer can be a good idea for someone who is interested in learning the basics of programming. Online classes offer flexibility and convenience, allowing you to learn at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home. It can also be a great opportunity to gain some knowledge and skills before transferring to a state university.

However, it is important to keep in mind that programming can be a challenging subject and requires a lot of practice and dedication. If you have never had any experience with programming before, it may be beneficial to start with a more basic course or seek additional resources to help you understand the fundamentals. It is also important to make sure that the online class you are considering is from a reputable institution and offers comprehensive and interactive learning materials.

Ultimately, the decision to take an intro to programming class online over the summer will depend on your personal learning style, commitment, and goals. If you are willing to put in the time and effort, it can be a great opportunity to gain valuable skills and knowledge in a growing field. Best of luck in your decision-making process.

1. What is a "Summer Programming class"?

A "Summer Programming class" is a class or course that focuses on teaching students how to code or program during the summer months. It is typically offered by schools, colleges, or other educational institutions.

2. Who can attend a Summer Programming class?

Anyone who is interested in learning how to code can attend a Summer Programming class. It is open to students of all ages, from elementary school to college students, as well as adults who want to learn a new skill.

3. What topics are typically covered in a Summer Programming class?

The topics covered in a Summer Programming class may vary depending on the specific class or course, but some common topics include programming languages such as Python, Java, or HTML, as well as concepts such as algorithms, data structures, and problem-solving skills.

4. Do I need any prior experience to attend a Summer Programming class?

No, most Summer Programming classes do not require any prior experience in coding. They are designed to teach students from the basics and build upon their knowledge as the class progresses. However, some classes may have specific prerequisites, so it is recommended to check beforehand.

5. How can I enroll in a Summer Programming class?

To enroll in a Summer Programming class, you can usually register online through the school or institution's website. You may also be able to enroll in person or by contacting the school's admissions office. It is always best to check the enrollment process and deadlines beforehand.