1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Summer Project confusion

1. Jan 24, 2015 #1
    Hi!
    I am in second year of my college. I want to pursue theoretical physics and plan to work on things like String theory and High Energy Physics. Now I was trying to get a summer project in Physics and I have been offered an opportunity to do a project in theoretical Plasma Physics.
    Is it right to do a project in Plasma Physics considering that my interest is in High Energy Physics? If I do this project in Plasma Physics, will it help me to get projects in High Energy phyiscs etc. in future?

Thanks you in advance!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 24, 2015 #2
    Unless you've also been offered an opportunity in HEP, take the one in plasma physics. In undergrad, research experience is research experience, especially when it comes to theoretical stuff. Congrats on being offered that opportunity in the second year of college, that's really something.

4. Jan 24, 2015 #3
    Thank you!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook