Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sun Reflector and tracer

1. Jun 4, 2009 #1
    Hello everybody,
    I have made a sun reflecting system with sun tracer. I want to reflect sun rays into patio of a building with about 20 meter high. I have installed the system on the roof, opposite the sun and on th edge of the patio.
    I have used light sensors and have put them opposit to the mirror. This will cause that mirror moves in up-down or left-right side to adjust itself in such a position which all reflected rays go to patio.
    I have to say that I have used a convex mirror, 2 motors for up-down and left-right movement and 1 moto for clock -unter clockwise rotation in the system.

At noon which sun shines directly from the south side,azimuth 180, mirror has zero left-right angel and according to the sun altitude it may have positive, zero or negative angle to up-down.

The problem raises up when azimuth is not about 180. For example when azimuth is 120 and altitude is 30, system adjusts himself with -10 to down and -30 to left side.
    In this situation reflected rays do not refect vertically but inclined.

To bring inclined reflected rays vertically I rotate mirror clockwise in the morning and unterclockwise after noons.

Now the question: I do not know how much should I rotate the mirro which everytime all reflected ray be vertically.

http://www.sns-solar.com/images/product/large/noorgir.gif

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted