Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

SunAssure: Sunscreen in a Pill

1. Apr 11, 2013 #1

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Heard a radio commercial for this and looked it up:
    http://sunassure.com/science.cfm [Broken]

This is downright evil and a perfect example of both why all supplements should be by-default regulated by the FDA as drugs and why fraudulent health claims should be harshly punished, with both civil and criminal penalties. Attempted murder sounds about right to me. This makes my blood boil.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2013 #2

fluidistic

Gold Member

Indeed. This can and will fool a lot of people. This is outrageous.

4. Apr 11, 2013 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Why aren't there strict laws against this kind of fraud? Oh, maybe it's because of the multi-billion dollar supplement manufacturer's lobbies and fools that believe this idiocy.

I love that they have a tab for "science" and there's nothing there, not even an attempt at word salad. This is nothing but a very weak supplement of a few vitamins. Perhaps we should start an online petition at that Whitehouse petition site to regulate these criminals.

5. Apr 12, 2013 #4
    So basically this pill supposedly creates melanin. Something tells me they're not telling the truth about their product... I wonder what it could be.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook