Sunday Silly - Have Fun and Laugh!

• Thread starter davenn
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation involves a person recalling a time when they were working in the appliances section of a department store and mistakenly transferred the register key to a manager. This caused them and the manager to get reprimanded by the store manager until the key was eventually found. The person also mentions becoming more absent-minded as they age, while another person jokes about having a good memory but struggling to remember where they put their peanuts.
davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2023 Award
left keys.jpg

Likes gracy, collinsmark, Psinter and 5 others
Physics news on Phys.org
One time while working at a dept store in the appliances section, I transferred the register key to a manager while went to help unload a delivery truck.

When i came back an hour later, he couldn't find the key and we both got grilled by the store manager about what happened. They were ready to go into lockdown when i found the key in a bag of parts of a tv stand i was putting together.

We had done this transfer several times before and duped ourselves in believing we had done this time too. To be fair we would transfer the funny looking register and a keyring of glass cabinet keys so that made it more plausible.

I was in my golden twenties then and the manager was going over the hill.

Likes Silicon Waffle and davenn
I have found myself more and more absent minded as the yrs have gone by :smile:

Likes jedishrfu
davenn said:
Not me. I've got a memory like an elephant. Now if I could just remember where I put the peanuts.

Likes davenn
davenn said:
The golden years are not what's promised in the brochures :oldcool:

Likes davenn

1. What is Sunday Silly?

Sunday Silly is a weekly event where people can come together and share jokes, memes, and funny stories to make each other laugh.

2. How often does Sunday Silly occur?

Sunday Silly takes place every Sunday, hence the name. It is a recurring event that people can look forward to each week.

3. Who can participate in Sunday Silly?

Anyone can participate in Sunday Silly! It is open to people of all ages, backgrounds, and cultures. The more, the merrier!

4. How can I join Sunday Silly?

You can join Sunday Silly by simply following the event page or group on social media platforms, such as Facebook or Instagram. You can also participate by using the hashtag #SundaySilly and sharing your jokes or funny content on your own social media accounts.

5. Is Sunday Silly only for scientists?

No, Sunday Silly is not limited to scientists. It is open to everyone who enjoys laughing and having a good time. However, scientists are welcome to participate and share their funny experiences or jokes.