This could be due to the moving magnetic fields of the Sun. I've always thought of it as a lot of magnetic 'whips' inside the Sun, bursting out into the corona, and when so many whips come together at that altitude, the temperature rises. Or, when new loops form and collapse, this will raise the temperature as well.
Energy is simply changing forms, which obeys the laws of thermodynamics.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving