Super Bowl XLV

Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2011.
  1. Green Bay Packers

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Pittsburgh Steelers

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  3. Don't care

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Super Bowl? What's that?

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. jtbell

Staff: Mentor

When I was a kid growing up in Cleveland Browns territory, about halfway towards Pittsburgh, the Pittsburgh Steelers were our mortal enemies. Then when I went to grad school, I shared an apartment with a guy from Pittsburgh, and we had a lot of fun when Browns/Steelers games turned up on TV. Now I'm happy to root for Pittsburgh, except when they play the Browns, of course.

2. jcsd
  3. lisab

Maybe I'll watch the puppies.

4. Pengwuino

Pengwuino 7,118
    Gold Member

I'm not sure, I hate them both.

5. russ_watters

Meh, Green Bay....

....But I predict Betty White will be the real winner.

6. Lets see if the refs play favorites with the Stealers, again.

7. turbo

turbo 7,366
    Gold Member

Me too! What channel are they on?

8. Math Is Hard

Math Is Hard 4,915
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hatin' on the Packers...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  9. Packers through and through. I grew up in GB. Wasn't a big fan growing up, but not having the crazy green and gold EVERYWHERE makes me miss home. So I watch and root for them now. Plus, if I rooted for another team, my family may never speak to me again.

10. I'm excited for Puppy Bowl! I have all kinds of special food prepared, mostly featuring the hot dog and kibble type foods.

11. Greg Bernhardt

Staff: Admin

Anyone who picks the steelers will be banned :D

12. Steelers will win. Their defense is relentless. Rodgers is great but he just isnt the same after he takes a big hit (which will happen early and often). And Ben is a winner. 24-20 Steelers. Ben hits Mike Wallace with :49 left. You heard it here first.

13. Crap. Im sorry greg! I typed that before you posted. I swear! Well I guess this is goodbye...

14. Did you know Chase Blackburn, the linebacker for the NY Giants has a degree in Mathematics?

15. It's probably not a good thing to be able to calculate your odds of getting a concussion on any specific play

16. jtbell

When I was a kid in the 1960s, my parents and I took a vacation road trip up through Michigan and the U.P., and down through Wisconsin to Chicago where my father had an army reunion. My father and I thought it worth stopping in Green Bay to get a picture of the stadium.

Attached Files:

17. Char. Limit

Char. Limit 1,986
    Gold Member

This is the reason I'm rooting for the Packers. I'm a Seahawks fan, and watching the refs hate on the Hawks just turned me against the Stealers.

18. The refs did a number on the Ravens against the Steelers their last meeting. A phantom holding call on a punt return for a touchdown, and then calling a defensive holding on what would have been a failed 3rd down attempt by Pittsburgh when it was the offense that was holding resulted in an 8 point swing in what ended up as a 7 point game.

19. Char. Limit

Char. Limit 1,986
    Gold Member

Good, the Steelers deserved it.

20. I'm not a Big Ben fan and I like Aaron Rodgers. Go cheeseheads!

21. BobG

BobG 2,346
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

My stepmom and step brothers and sisters used to live next door to Bob Skoronski, so I have to root for the Packers.

Well, except when they played the Broncos.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?