Super Bowl XLV

• Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date

Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl?

• Green Bay Packers

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Don't care

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Super Bowl? What's that?

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have never liked any sports, but I found that American Football is the only sport I can watch. I 'chose' to be a Jets fan, as it is the one place I'd like to visit in the United States (that and Emily Dickinson's house). I didn't know when I chose them that they were pretty rubbish.
I don't care who wins out of the two teams. But I hope to watch the game.

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I guess the Pittsburgh Steelers since they beat KC. But I really don't care. But I see the poll is closed.

I only care about watching to see the "Blackeye Peas".

Char. Limit
Gold Member
21-10 Packers at halftime!!!!! :biggrin:

GOOOOOO PACKERS :smile:!

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
:zzz: :biggrin:

jtbell
Mentor
For a while, it looked like this was going to be a blowout for the Packers. But the Steelers came back! Now it's do or die time for them: they're down six points, and they get the ball with two minutes to go and only one time-out left...

[added] Nope, no miracle this time. Good game anyway. Those three turnovers killed the Steelers.

Last edited:
Char. Limit
Gold Member
PACKERS WIN! PACKERS WIN! THANK god ALMIGHTY, the PACKERS WIN!

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Wooooo!!!! Go pack, go!!!!

Out of dozens of post-game articles I've read this morning, I feel http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jordy-nelson-green-bay-packers-surprise-super-bowl-star-020611"tells the best behind-the-scenes story of the Packers trials both before and during the game, as well as their triumph.

What was hurting? “Everything,” [Nelson] said. “But it’s OK. We won the Super Bowl.”
ETA: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/-Win-Injured-Woodson-breaks-down-during-halftim?urn=nfl-317672" [Broken]highlights one of the reasons why they came back so strong in the second half.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dembadon
Gold Member
I don't follow American football, so I don't really have much to say about the game. However, I think the halftime performance was probably one of the worst I've ever seen. I think it sounded terrible.

drankin
I don't follow American football, so I don't really have much to say about the game. However, I think the halftime performance was probably one of the worst I've ever seen. I think it sounded terrible.
Agreed. Just a bunch of lights and noise.

I'm sooooo happy the Packers won. I'm sick of the Steelers winning so much. Plus it seems like the league favors the Steelers more than any other team..

mheslep
Gold Member
Half way through the 4th quarter the announcer said their had only been ten running plays in the entire game. It's all air ball now. I don't know how they pull this off without the excessive turnovers this would have caused years ago, but they do. Who needs running backs anymore?

Half way through the 4th quarter the announcer said their had only been ten running plays in the entire game. It's all air ball now. I don't know how they pull this off without the excessive turnovers this would have caused years ago, but they do. Who needs running backs anymore?
This was game plan. The Steelers have an amazing run defense. They also have an excellent front 7 (offensive line and linebackers). The Packers offensive game plan was to spread the Pittsburgh defense out using wide routes along the edges and then deeper crossing routes in the middle. This forces the linebackers to move back and cover or risk having lots of one on one matchups.

Lack of interceptions is a function of mostly one on one matchups against receivers and well thrown passes by Rodgers.

Regarding running backs: The Steelers were running all over the Packers, even when they were down. This almost lost the Packers the game. If Big Ben wouldn't have thrown so many interceptions and gotten so far behind, Pittsburgh could have ran the ball more and likely made the game MUCH, MUCH more difficult on the Packers.

Plus it seems like the league favors the Steelers more than any other team..
I think that you are forgetting about the Patriots. lol

I am glad i didnt bet anyone!!

I was gonna bet on steelers for $100 [PLAIN]https://www.physicsforums.com/images/icons/icon10.gif [Broken]

It was a good game though [PLAIN]https://www.physicsforums.com/images/icons/icon7.gif [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: