Who Will Win the Super Bowl: Colts or Bears?

• Thread starter Wellsi
  • Start date
In summary: I don't even know what you're talking about.In summary, the Colts are winning and the halftime show was not very good.
Wellsi
So its just started... Indianapolis Colts v Chicago Bears... who you guys all going for?
Personally... GO THE COLTS!

Physics news on Phys.org
I am rooting for the Colts as well.

shame... we are down 7-0 already haha damn that :( 92 yard kickoff return

As a former Chicagoan, I have to root for "da Bears" (I used to love the Saturday Night Live Ditka spoof). Since I don't watch football, I guess I can check in here for an update of the score.

ill do what i can... but I am not here for the whole game... I am in australia you see haha :) i so thought New Orleans would be in the Super bowl over Chicago going into that game after their form coming into that game

ok colts have a touchdown now! YES! but they missed the conversion so its Bears 7 - 6 Colts

14 -6 to the Bears now :(

I'm placing my sure bet on team a whoever has the best odds.

You guys should find a sport everyone plays really, could be hockey or soccer or badminton. But until your national sport is played by everyone, sadly we're going to claim that it's just not important. OK baseball good sport who won the first world series: England, ice hockey get me on a boat to sportville; American football, only played in a few countries, basketball, now there's a sport of kings, do you see where I'm going here?:smile:

I know I'm a bad person but sport is war without frontiers and bloodshed je sans frontiers:smile:, play it well.

C'mon I love The US possibly the greatest potential of any nation, although seldom achieved, but let's start playing sports that everyone is playing. :smile:

Last edited:
Schrodinger's Dog said:
C'mon I love The US possibly the greatest potential of any nation, although seldom achieved, but let's start playing sports that everyone is playing. :smile:
You mean like badmitten or croquet? :biggrin:

We could make it more challenging by blindfolding the players.

Last edited:
I don't care who's on the field, I'm watching for entertaining commercials and awaiting the half time show before I change the channel back to Ghost Hunters or something like that.

That halftime show was awful. Wow.

At least he didn't show his boobs.

Hey, what's the deal? I thought Billy Joel was supposed to be the halftime entertainment.

sigh~~~ i will miss the match!
who can tell me the score

Ivan Seeking said:
At least he didn't show his boobs.

As if he has a chest. :rolleyes: I didn't even see any good commercials, so am back to flipping channels.

4th, 13:30 to go, 22-17 Colts

Moonbear said:
As if he has a chest. :rolleyes: I didn't even see any good commercials, so am back to flipping channels.
I saw the commercial previews the other night and they weren't very good.

Who was in the halftime show?

Prince...

TD Colts on an interception.

Evo said:
I saw the commercial previews the other night and they weren't very good.
They have commercial previews?! :bugeye: :rofl:

Who was in the halftime show?

The artist formerly known as Prince. :yuck: Only a few decades too late to impress anyone.

He is now the artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as Prince - the artist formerly and presently known as Prince.

Ivan Seeking said:
He is now the artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as Prince - the artist formerly and presently known as Prince.

Oh, did that contract finally expire? He still uses that weird symbol, so I didn't know he was back to just being Prince again. Has he had any new songs out since the 80s? Perhaps it would be better as the former artist known as Prince.

29 - 17 Colts winning and they just made another interception... GO COLTS!

Ivan Seeking said:
Criminy..."The Once and Future Prince".

What a T.H. White rip off.

Evo said:
You mean like badmitten or croquet? :biggrin:

We could make it more challenging by blindfolding the players.

Or you could play against the rest of the world? Big country should be able to beat everyone at everything, but choses not to play the sports everyone plays, now ah, we're waiting :smile: Play us we are looking at a country that could beat us left right and center, but you don't: okay the sports anyone else plays, bring it on or STFU :smile::tongue2:

Last edited:
Colts win, congrats.

Moonbear said:
Oh, did that contract finally expire? He still uses that weird symbol, so I didn't know he was back to just being Prince again. Has he had any new songs out since the 80s? Perhaps it would be better as the former artist known as Prince.

I don't know when his career tanked. I did like his song Purple Rain, but that's about as much as I got into Prince.

...with the odd exception that he once showed up at a neighbor's house for a date. :bugeye: My room mate came running in jabbering about a very expensive stretch limo out front, and sure enough...

I just thought the halftime show was so over the top and over produced. Couldn't they have just gotten some talented musicians or entertainers instead of an egomaniac?
This reminded me of that episode of Family Guy where Peter becomes an NFL star, and after scoring a touchdown goes out in a long excessive celebration. I thought that was brilliant, but some of us still don't get the message (i.e. superbowl halftime producers).

did i miss when the foo fighters broke up/died??
why do we have to have prince singing a foo fighters song when I am sure THEY were available... lol

deerhake.11 said:
did i miss when the foo fighters broke up/died??
why do we have to have prince singing a foo fighters song when I am sure THEY were available... lol

I don't know, but I wish the Foo Fighters and the group UFO would change their names.:grumpy:

i.e. They trash up my google hits.

just reading all your comments here guys.. how many of you actually watched the game for the GAME.. rather than ads or the half time entertainment of Prince (oh god help us all) haha :)

well done to the Colts thou... way to go GO COLTS

Apparently it was God's doing:

"The Lord set this up in a way that no one would believe it," said Dungy, according to the Baptist Press. "The Lord tested us a lot this year, but He set this up to get all the glory."

:bugeye: :bugeye: :bugeye: :bugeye: :bugeye:

you mean the result was the work of god?

Wellsi said:
you mean the result was the work of god?
Not my words.

Perhaps he possessed that Manning guy :biggrin:

e2a: &http://mirror.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=4635" [Broken] :eek: did anyone tell the rest of the world? :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
<h2>1. Who are the Colts and Bears?</h2><p>The Colts and Bears are both professional American football teams in the National Football League (NFL). The Colts are based in Indianapolis, Indiana, while the Bears are based in Chicago, Illinois.</p><h2>2. How did the Colts and Bears qualify for the Super Bowl?</h2><p>The Colts and Bears both had successful regular seasons, finishing at the top of their respective divisions. They then won their playoff games to advance to the Super Bowl. The Colts had a record of 12 wins and 4 losses, while the Bears had a record of 13 wins and 3 losses.</p><h2>3. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the Colts and Bears?</h2><p>The Colts have a strong offense led by quarterback Andrew Luck and a solid defense. However, their weakness may be their inconsistent running game. The Bears have a strong defense, but their offense has been inconsistent at times. They also have a strong running game led by running back Jordan Howard.</p><h2>4. Have the Colts and Bears played each other before in the Super Bowl?</h2><p>No, the Colts and Bears have never played each other in the Super Bowl. However, they have played each other in regular season games, with the Colts holding a slight edge with 24 wins compared to the Bears' 23 wins.</p><h2>5. Who is favored to win the Super Bowl between the Colts and Bears?</h2><p>As a scientist, I cannot predict the outcome of a sporting event. The odds and predictions may change leading up to the Super Bowl, so it is best to wait until closer to the game to see which team is favored to win.</p>

1. Who are the Colts and Bears?

The Colts and Bears are both professional American football teams in the National Football League (NFL). The Colts are based in Indianapolis, Indiana, while the Bears are based in Chicago, Illinois.

2. How did the Colts and Bears qualify for the Super Bowl?

The Colts and Bears both had successful regular seasons, finishing at the top of their respective divisions. They then won their playoff games to advance to the Super Bowl. The Colts had a record of 12 wins and 4 losses, while the Bears had a record of 13 wins and 3 losses.

3. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the Colts and Bears?

The Colts have a strong offense led by quarterback Andrew Luck and a solid defense. However, their weakness may be their inconsistent running game. The Bears have a strong defense, but their offense has been inconsistent at times. They also have a strong running game led by running back Jordan Howard.

4. Have the Colts and Bears played each other before in the Super Bowl?

No, the Colts and Bears have never played each other in the Super Bowl. However, they have played each other in regular season games, with the Colts holding a slight edge with 24 wins compared to the Bears' 23 wins.

5. Who is favored to win the Super Bowl between the Colts and Bears?

As a scientist, I cannot predict the outcome of a sporting event. The odds and predictions may change leading up to the Super Bowl, so it is best to wait until closer to the game to see which team is favored to win.