Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Super nerd poll: Kirk or Picard?

1. Kirk

16 vote(s)
    37.2%
  2. Picard

27 vote(s)
    62.8%
  1. Jan 6, 2010 #1
    For the ladies or gay dudes, who is hotter (character, not the actor) and why?

Could be a fun topic.

Note: Mods, if the post is too nerdy/silly feel free to delete, i won't be offended.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 6, 2010 #2

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My vote goes to Kirk in this contest.

(But actually Mr. Chekov was my first Star Trek crush.)

4. Jan 6, 2010 #3
    oh boy kirk by far.

5. Jan 6, 2010 #4
    kirk, but i'd rather picard as my dad

6. Jan 6, 2010 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Picard.

7. Jan 6, 2010 #6
    Reason being for kirk?: He just 'does it for me' haha -no homo (can I say that?)

8. Jan 6, 2010 #7
    Kirk is way cuter! Picard, well.... he's just too old for my taste.

9. Jan 6, 2010 #8
    Oops... I voted before I realized what exactly the poll is. Its one of those geek knee jerk answers: Kirk or Picard, Star Wars or Star Trek, Marvel or DC....

I would still consider Picard an attractive man though. He has certainly aged better than Kirk in my opinion.

10. Jan 6, 2010 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Definitely Kirk! Younger and cuter. Picard is more the grandfatherly type.

11. Jan 7, 2010 #10
    That doesn't seem very fair. How about we compare them at the same approximate ages. Stewart is nine years younger. So The Search for Spock[1984] vs Generations[1994]?
    st5-kirk.jpg star-trek-the-next-generation-motion-picture-collection-20091002115117853-000.jpg

Sorry I couldn't find a pic from that movie without Kirk in it too. One may want to note that Kirk had supposedly taken to wearing toupees and girdles by the point the first picture was taken.

Or we could go the other direction.
    http://www.triviatribute.com/images4/williamshatner3c.jpg [Broken] A-really-Young-Patrick-patrick-stewart-9124670-195-240.jpg [/URL]

I could not find what year that pic of Stewart was taken. Shatner was about 35 when Star Trek started.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  12. Jan 7, 2010 #11

Evo

Comparing Picard with old Kirk, Picard is the hands down winner.

13. Jan 7, 2010 #12

Lisa!

Gold Member

Am I missing something here?:tongue2:

"For the ladies or gay dudes, who is hotter (character, not the actor) and why?"

:rofl:

Oh and as for the question of the OP:Kirk!

14. Jan 7, 2010 #13
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d2/JamesTKirk.jpg/250px-JamesTKirk.jpg [Broken]

Sejanus_Patrick_Stewart.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  15. Jan 7, 2010 #14

Evo

I already posted the votes for the people that voted before my post #5 when I added the poll. If you didn't realize this and voted again, please let me know.

16. Jan 7, 2010 #15

turbo

Gold Member

I have no preference, but I can tell you that my sisters watched Star Trek for Kirk. Just like Gunsmoke, but set in space with a randier "sheriff".

They watched cowboy shows for the leading males, too. Sugarfoot, Rawhide, Bonanza...

17. Jan 7, 2010 #16

Evo

I watched Star Trek for Spock.

18. Jan 8, 2010 #17

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Me too :biggrin: Spock was my favorite character, and it was my nickname in elementary school and junior high.

I like the early Kirk and Picard.

19. Jan 8, 2010 #18

Dembadon

Gold Member

I have no problem saying that I believe Picard is the more attractive male. I don't think one has to be homosexual or a member of the opposite sex to make such a declaration without awkwardness.

20. Jan 8, 2010 #19

Dembadon

Gold Member

For me, Spock ran a close second to Data; but most (if not all) of my Star Trek experience is with The Next Generation era: I'm biased. :biggrin:

21. Jan 8, 2010 #20

Evo

It was Spock in the original Star Trek, and Data in TNG. Picard was much more intelligent and intellectually well rounded than Kirk.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook