Unleashing a Super Power Fantasy: Zapping with My Fingers

In summary: If you could be a comic book super hero, what would your super power be? How did you get these amazing powers? This is my comic book super hero fantasy. During a freak storm, I'd get struck by lightning in one index finger and discharge it through the other, whilst carrying radioactive materials/walking through a nuclear power plant/in the middle of an electromagnetic experiment/etc and then develop the power to zap people with my right finger and suck the life force out of people with my left. Yay! I'd like it if I had a super power where I could point at people and yell 'Zap.'However, I don't think I would want a power like that. I
icvotria
If you could be a comic book super hero, what would your super power be? How did you get these amazing powers? This is my comic book super hero fantasy. During a freak storm, I'd get struck by lightning in one index finger and discharge it through the other, whilst carrying radioactive materials/walking through a nuclear power plant/in the middle of an electromagnetic experiment/etc and then develop the power to zap people with my right finger and suck the life force out of people with my left. Yay! I'd like it if I had a super power where I could point at people and yell 'Zap.'

Physics news on Phys.org
The ability to stop time and slow down time to whatever interval you want would be the ultimate power. Think about it for a while. There would be nothing you couldn't do.

once apon a midnight dreary,while I pondered weak and weary,
over a quaint and curious volume of forgotten PF lore-
while I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly, a tapping,
as of someone gently rapping, rapping at the IM door.
"'tis some friend" I muttered "tapping at my IM door,
only this and nothing more.

ah, I distinctly remember, it was in the bleak december,
and each seperate, glowing pixel brought its ghost apon the floor.
Eagerly, I wished the morrow;-vainly, I had sought to borrow
from my posts surcease of sorrow--sorrow for the lost klunser-
for the rare and strange person, whom the forms had named klunser
nameless here, for evermore.

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating, then no longer,
"Sir," typed I, "or madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
but the fact is, I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
and so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my IM door,
that I scarce was sure I heard you" -here I opened the window;-
blankness there, and nothing more.

deep into that blankneess peering, long I watched there wondering, fearing,
doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal dared to dream before;
but the silence was unbroken, and the blankness gave no token
And the only word there spoken was the whispered word"klunser!"
This I whispered, and an echo murrmured back the word"klunser!"
merely this, and nothing more.

back into the homepage turning, all my soul within me burning,
Soon again I heard a tapping, something louder than before
"surely" typed I, "surely something at The PF window lattice;
Let me see then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore-
let my mind be still a moment, and this mystery explore,-
'tis the wind and nothing more."

Keep watching to see how yomamma becomes a superhero!

icvotria said:
If you could be a comic book super hero, what would your super power be? How did you get these amazing powers? This is my comic book super hero fantasy. During a freak storm, I'd get struck by lightning in one index finger and discharge it through the other, whilst carrying radioactive materials/walking through a nuclear power plant/in the middle of an electromagnetic experiment/etc and then develop the power to zap people with my right finger and suck the life force out of people with my left. Yay! I'd like it if I had a super power where I could point at people and yell 'Zap.'

I think you spent too long in the sun today, icky.

We're back!

Open here I flung the shutter, with many a flirt and flutter,
in there stepped a stately danger, whfrom the saintly days of yore.
Not the least obesance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he
But with mein of lord or lady, perched above my window door-
Perched on the bust of PF, just above the window door-
Perched and sat, and nothing more.

Then this ebony bird begulling my sad fancy into smiling
By the grave and stern decorum of countenance it wore,
"though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou" I typed,"art sure no craven,
Ghastly grim and ancient danger wandering from the nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the night's plutonian shore!"
typed the danger: "nevermore"

Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
though its answer little meaning-little relevancy bore;
for we can not help agreeing that no living human being
ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his window door-
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
with a name such as "nevermore"

But the danger, sitting lonely on that placid bust, spoke only
that one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.
Nothing farther then he uttered; not a feather then he fluttered-
Till I scarecly more than muttered: "Other friends have flown before-
On the morrow he will leave mw as my hopes have flown before."
Then the bird said: "nevermore"

Keep watching for the shocking conclusion of yomamma's wild and wacky adventures!

Yomamma, have you been watching old simpson cartoons?

no, I haven't. but that's a great episode.

Why did edgar have to make it so long?!

oh crap, I lost my page in the edgar allan poe book! I'll finish later...

I'd be a ghost-type superhero. During the days I'm just an ordinary person... but when I sleep, a projection rises from my body and roams the streets. I'd fight crime during the day Batman-style, with gadgets, and investigate crime at night. The ghost could pass through doors and walls. He could pick up a gun or reach inside someone's chest and stop their heart, but doing that would be exhausting and he could only do it once or twice a night, so he'd mostly be a spy. The ghost would be telepathic but the waking person would not be.

If I were going to be omnipotent, I'd want omniscience to go with it.

The one I always imagined myself with is absorbtion -- I could absorb super powers used against me.

Hurkyl said:
I could absorb super powers used against me.
That's no good by itself. You'd get beaten to death by some wonk with a stick. :tongue:

brewnog said:
I think you spent too long in the sun today, icky.
Perhaps. Or perhaps I was sliiiiiiiiiiightly inebriated, wallowing in the sorrow that is mortality. RIP Battle Davis and Richard Whiteley, you shall be sorely missed.

Urrrrrrgggh, I'm drunk.....

I enjoyed yomamma's poetry. :biggrin:

I'm not done yet, I'll finish tomorrow

icvotria said:
PUrrrrrrgggh, I'm drunk.....
Why is it that you're always conveniently out of reach when you're drunk? :grumpy:

I thought she was always drunk :confused:

(no offense, but I mean it, every time you post, you put "PUrrrrrrgggh, I'm drunk.....")

Danger said:
Why is it that you're always conveniently out of reach when you're drunk? :grumpy:
I am also conveniently out of your reach when I'm sober, I'm a smart kid. :biggrin:

icvotria said:
I am also conveniently out of your reach when I'm sober, I'm a smart kid. :biggrin:
:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(was that outloud?) :uhh:

the power to give myself more super powers (if i had a wish I'd wish for 3 more wishes)

my superpower would be kickassness. all you need is fear. ex. Batman or Punisher

Hmm...I think my power is mind control (through the laughing smiley? :rofl:)

But if all the members of the sisterhood come together and hold up our size 8 feet, our powers all combine and strengthen, and then we're completely invincible. :devil: :biggrin:

Power to become PF contributor without paying money.

BJ

Power to become a PF admin!

Evo said:
:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Nothing out of you for hours, and you had to come out of the woodwork for that? :tongue:

Unfortunately, I think that I have to agree with you. :grumpy:

icvotria said:
Perhaps. Or perhaps I was sliiiiiiiiiiightly inebriated, wallowing in the sorrow that is mortality. RIP Battle Davis and Richard Whiteley, you shall be sorely missed.

Here here.

Tragic losses to British Broadcasting, student life, Yorkshire, and your goldfish bowl.

I toasted the both of them last night, with an abundance of Carling.

How you coping?

The power to cause uncontrolled bowel movments in my foes. (Can't think of a good super name for it!)

it's called the "brown note"

1. What exactly is "Unleashing a Super Power Fantasy: Zapping with My Fingers"?

"Unleashing a Super Power Fantasy: Zapping with My Fingers" is a concept that refers to the idea of having a superpower that allows you to emit or control energy through your fingertips. It is often seen in popular culture, such as in superhero movies or comic books.

2. Can humans actually have the ability to zap with their fingers?

Currently, there is no scientific evidence to suggest that humans have the ability to emit energy or zap with their fingers. This is purely a fictional concept and has not been proven to be possible in real life.

3. What are some potential dangers of having the power to zap with your fingers?

If this power were to exist, it could potentially be dangerous for both the person with the power and those around them. The uncontrolled discharge of energy could harm others and the person themselves if they are not careful. It could also lead to the misuse of power and potentially cause harm to innocent people.

4. How would having the power to zap with your fingers impact society?

If this power were to exist, it could have a significant impact on society. People with this power may be seen as threats and could face discrimination or be sought after by those who want to control or exploit their abilities. It could also lead to a power imbalance and potentially disrupt the balance of society.

5. Are there any real-life examples of people who can zap with their fingers?

No, there are no known real-life examples of people who can zap with their fingers. This concept remains purely fictional and has not been observed or documented in any scientific studies or research.