Superficial Love: Examining My Feelings

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Love
In summary: I've got a lot to learn from you, Uncle Danger.You guys are being awfully nice to indulge one of my rare cynical moods. I think it's because Welsh women tend to be independent and strong-willed. They don't tend to take kindly to being told what to do.
Moonbear said:
I prefer that the buns be warm, not frozen.
You said that you'd be in front of the fire. Don't they have toasting forks?

Physics news on Phys.org
Danger said:
You said that you'd be in front of the fire. Don't they have toasting forks?

Hmmm...:biggrin: *picks up big, pointy fork* Wonder what I can stick with this?

I suspect you might secretly be a dominatrix at heart, Moonbear.

Moonbear said:
Hmmm...:biggrin: *picks up big, pointy fork* Wonder what I can stick with this?
Make sure you're holding it the right way around. You wouldn't want to short out your electric bra.

Math Is Hard said:
I suspect you might secretly be a dominatrix at heart, Moonbear.

o:) Me? Little, sweet, innocent-looking me?

*tries to hide rifle behind back*

Moonbear said:
o:) Me? Little, sweet, innocent-looking me?
Ha!

(How in the living name of hell do you people keep up this pace?)

Danger said:
Ha!

Keep up? I've been slowed down for the past half hour or so while trying to open that video for the "office" thread.

BTW, that was an awesome story from the Tonight Show, SOS!
LMAO! :rofl:

SOS2008 said:
Jay Leno's comment--This gives a whole new meaning to being "pissed off."
But as we Canuks are fond of saying, "I'd rather be pissed off than pissed on." I guess this poor lass got the worst of both worlds.

Math Is Hard said:
BTW, that was an awesome story from the Tonight Show, SOS!
LMAO!
Roger that.

Moonbear said:
Keep up? I've been slowed down for the past half hour or so while trying to open that video for the "office" thread.
I'm bloody serious. I can't even remember what thread I'm on any more, and my fingers are starting to hurt. I wish that damned cat was a better typist...

Moonbear said:
Dear Monster Mentor #1, did you get it to open? I never could.
Math Is Hard said:
BTW, that was an awesome story from the Tonight Show, SOS! LMAO! :rofl:
Dear Monster Mentor #2 - It's an oldie but a goodie. :smile:
Danger said:
But as we Canuks are fond of saying, "I'd rather be pissed off than pissed on." I guess this poor lass got the worst of both worlds.
:rofl:

Danger said:
I'm bloody serious. I can't even remember what thread I'm on any more, and my fingers are starting to hurt. I wish that damned cat was a better typist...

That's my favorite part of GD. I don't really have to remember what thread I'm in. It's all free association to me...what scary insights does that give you into the way my mind works? :tongue2:

SOS2008 said:
Dear Monster Mentor #1, did you get it to open? I never could.

:rofl: Yes, I got it to open. It was pretty funny, though a bit long. Watching the first half was enough to get the gist.

I like your new avatar, though you look a bit, um, over-excited there. :biggrin: Your avatar must have just sniffed the butt of some other avatar around here. :rofl:

Moonbear said:
what scary insights does that give you into the way my mind works? :tongue2:
Nothing worse, alas, than I had already surmised.
And I've been free-associating too. No choice. But really, trying to keep up to you buggers is exasperating. Every time I look at the GD page, there's a new post. By the time I get through responding to it, there are 2 new ones somewhere else! It's like friggin' tribbles.

Moonbear said:
:rofl: Yes, I got it to open. It was pretty funny, though a bit long. Watching the first half was enough to get the gist.

I like your new avatar, though you look a bit, um, over-excited there. :biggrin: Your avatar must have just sniffed the butt of some other avatar around here. :rofl:
It takes an ass to know an ass? :rofl: As you can see, I've already changed it--I realized it might not be appreciated outside GD.

Last edited:
Danger said:
Nothing worse, alas, than I had already surmised.
And I've been free-associating too. No choice. But really, trying to keep up to you buggers is exasperating. Every time I look at the GD page, there's a new post. By the time I get through responding to it, there are 2 new ones somewhere else! It's like friggin' tribbles.

I always thought tribbles were rather cute.

Moonbear said:
And they make dandy earmuffs.

Moonbear said:

I remember that Star Trek episode where the space station which the klingons and the Enterprise crew and the tribbles...

Ah, the joys of late night TV.

Capt. Kirk had many superficial love experiences.

Math Is Hard said:
Capt. Kirk had many superficial love experiences.

Yes, and he really did give credibility and acceptance to inter-species dating. :tongue2:

Moonbear said:
Yes, and he really did give credibility and acceptance to inter-species dating. :tongue2:

Moonbear, back AWAY from the rhino...NOOO!

Oh that poor poor rhino...

franznietzsche said:
Moonbear, back AWAY from the rhino...NOOO!

Oh that poor poor rhino...
Moonbear! He said back away from it, not into it! Awww, jeez... Who's on horn-washing duty this week?

Danger said:
Moonbear! He said back away from it, not into it! Awww, jeez... Who's on horn-washing duty this week?

Wow...must have been a lot of softener in that...look at the horn now...

franznietzsche said:
Wow...must have been a lot of softener in that...look at the horn now...
Isn't it supposed to bend the other way?

Danger said:
Isn't it supposed to bend the other way?

Yeah, its all limp and shriveled now...

franznietzsche said:
Yeah, its all limp and shriveled now...
That little secondary one looks kinda funny too...

Danger said:
Most people don't reply to every post. :biggrin: I do believe you hold the record for most prolific poster. :bugeye:

Evo said:
Most people don't reply to every post. :biggrin: I do believe you hold the record for most prolific poster. :bugeye:
You mean I don't have to?! Good grief, woman! You could have told me that 2 weeks ago and let me get some sleep!

Sleep? we're allowed to sleep? I didn't see that in the guidelines...

hypatia said:
Sleep? we're allowed to sleep? I didn't see that in the guidelines...
I think that they neglect to mention it deliberately. Some kind of hazing ritual to see if we can cut it... (I don't know whether I passed for persistence or flunked for gullibility.) :confused:

I thought they pumped oxygen into the forums to keep us awake - like they do in the hotel rooms in Las Vegas. Also, I'm pretty sure they put caffeine in the complimentary PF snacks.

Math Is Hard said:
I'm pretty sure they put caffeine in the complimentary PF snacks.
Snacks? What snacks? Nobody offered me any snacks! :cry: (You're not just trying to dispose of that furry birthday cake while continuing to test my gullibility, are you?) :uhh:

Danger said:
Snacks? What snacks? Nobody offered me any snacks! :cry: (You're not just trying to dispose of that furry birthday cake while continuing to test my gullibility, are you?) :uhh:
Well, if you had stopped by the new member welcome tent, you could have picked up some fish.

Evo said:
Well, if you had stopped by the new member welcome tent, you could have picked up some fish.
It just never crossed my mind to expect a Newfie greeting ceremony in a Yank forum. If you have Skreech too, I'm there! :biggrin:

Danger said:
It just never crossed my mind to expect a Newfie greeting ceremony in a Yank forum. If you have Skreech too, I'm there! :biggrin:
Just some old fish and cereal. The_Bob is in charge of food. Where has he been lately? That fish is really getting smelly. :yuck: